tea, coffee and fertility

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Hi again!

Does anyone know if drinking tea and coffee lowers your fertility rate? I read somewhere that it had a negative effect on it and I read somewhere else that it didn't - so confusing!!

If it does, do you think drinking decaff tea would be ok? :hissy:

:shock: Ohh I hope not....I love coffee....

I know - I love my morning cup of tea, afternoon cup of coffee etc etc

...and what would you drink if you met your friends for 'coffee.' - a glass of hot water and lemon - uggh

I read that caffeine was good for little swimmers so get brewing up for your OH!!! I'm not sure what effect it has on ladies but I have switched to de-caff because I know caffeine has been linked to MC and I have had 3 MCs in the past so don't want to risk it. I used to drink A LOT of coffee though, not the odd cup like most normal people!

im sure helen switched to decaf whilst ttc? maybe she can answer this :D

Yeah, I switched to decaf tea when I was TTC and kept off caffeine throughout the pregnancy. Wasn't really into coffee so that didn't bother me. Plus I cut out chocolate (not hard for me as I'm not into that either) and cola (didn't drink it much).

Can't remember where I read now, but it was something about caffeine possibly causing miscarriages and that some women had really early miscarriages and didn't realise that they were getting PG at all. I just wanted to rule it out.

I'm really into the decaf tea now and don't like normal tea anymore. I can recommend Tetley's decaf!

I'm not a tea or coffee drinker but I have to have my cola or I'm a grouch :blush: Luckily I've managed to cut down to one a day, and unless my Dr. insists I have to quit that's probably where I'll stay :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for that! I think I am going to take your advice on this. I bought some decaff Earl Grey today (Twinings) and it's actually quite nice.

cheers helen! knew it was u :D

i've read conflicting stuff too...

one place said that half a cup of tea on a morning boosts fertility and others say too much caffine reduces fertility.....I'm guessing that it's fine so long as you don't go daft

Yeah, I switched to decaf tea when I was TTC and kept off caffeine throughout the pregnancy. Wasn't really into coffee so that didn't bother me. Plus I cut out chocolate (not hard for me as I'm not into that either) and cola (didn't drink it much).

Can't remember where I read now, but it was something about caffeine possibly causing miscarriages and that some women had really early miscarriages and didn't realise that they were getting PG at all. I just wanted to rule it out.

I'm really into the decaf tea now and don't like normal tea anymore. I can recommend Tetley's decaf!

I read the same, I have cut out all Caffeine. I drink Decaf tea and it tastes the same to me. I must say I suffered headaches for the first few days after I gave it up, but then I was fine.

i don't drink tea, or coffee or fizzy pop, have the occasional bar of chocolate (though I have eaten loads of it the past few days, lol) but i don't have alot of caffine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->