Teachers- advice?!?

Linzalora

Reaction score
Thank goodness I don't teach PE, 'cause that would be just plain miserable. As it is, I'm really struggling to maintain my normal teaching pace. I keep water on hand, I have ginger candies, and thank goodness there's a bathroom right next door to my classroom. But there are moments when I just have to stop and breathe- no talking, no moving- or else I'll fall over or vomit or something.

I'm worried that I'm letting my kids down or I'll fall behind my colleagues. Any other teachers out there feel the same? What techniques do you use to get through a particularly hard day?

I'm a teacher too and have found the past 6 weeks really difficult. I have to keep my bin under my desk incase I have to vomit. I also have a drawer full off hard sweets to try combat horrible taste in my mouth.

Luckily I teach 10 year olds so if I feel really bad I have a seat and they can work independently.

I also told my stage partner next door so she could cover me if I had to run out 😦

I'm 13 weeks soon and was so hoping the nausea would be gone but it's still here 😢😢😢😢

I'm a teacher too...10 weeks tomorrow. The last few weeks have been rough with nausea but luckily I haven't had any vomiting episodes at school. I teach high school Spanish, so when I'm feeling really badly, it is easy for me to give the kids independent work or even partner work like practicing skits.

My solution has been mainly trying to graze throughout the day. Granola bars, fruit, cheese, etc. As long as I eat something small every couple of hours through the day, I feel a lot better.

It is really tough to entertain a room of 30 kids though when you're not feeling well!

I was lucky in that I had nausea but not vomiting and a toilet next door. My ta would take over if needed. I kept lots of cold water to sip and sweets to suck on. I also made use of games on the whiteboard if I needed to zone out a bit.

I'm a teacher too and just miserable at the moment. Its just so hard to teach with morning sickness :( :(

Thanks, ladies! It's nice to know that there are others like me trying to get through this!

I'm so sorry you've had to use a bin under your desk, Polly, that does not sound like fun.

I think I'm failing in the snack front. I need to be better prepared.

I can't wait to tell people so that I can enlist help if I need to step out. My scan is tomorrow, so we'll see how things are.

Have any of you had to take a sick day yet? Yesterday was a particularly terrible day and in hindsight I maybe should've just called in.

I have taken one sick day but I had a migraine aswell as the sickness. My head teacher was great. If your really bad take a day off and build yourself up. Don't feel guilty you're growing a human 😁😁😁

I keep lots of snacks handy, Cereal bars etc. Hang in there x

I'm a primary teacher and keep a stash of cereal bars and raisins in my cupboard as I keep feeling faint. I teach 8 year olds and When I nipped to the loo in the middle of a lesson the other day one of the children remarked to my ta about how much I'm recently going to the toilet!!! Xxx

I know a secondary teacher who vomited upwards of 13 times a day until 8 months. She said it was the one year none of her female students got pregnant!

I know a secondary teacher who vomited upwards of 13 times a day until 8 months. She said it was the one year none of her female students got pregnant!

Oh, yikes! I bet they didn't!

I'm trying to start out better this week. I have apples and crackers w/ peanut butter to snack on today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->