Team yellow?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Hi every one!
With this being our fourth and last baby we decided to go for team yellow. We have been team pink for the last three pregnancies so you can imagine that this time we are really hoping for a surprise (me really).

I work in the ER with constant access to US so it's always sooooo tempting to just get scanned but now that I'm where i am at in my pregnancy I need to avoid the temptation bc I do not want to know by accident or by any other means! My co workers are soooo adamant about it though ! So hard.

Just curious about all you other ladies experiences current or past being team yellow? Did you wait to buy stuff?? Did you unisex decorate??? The new baby will share with the youngest who is one.

I'm team yellow... Also my 4th... Also 3 girls at home! Haha Haha. I had a friend give me all her newborn neutral things so I haven't bought much yet! We are totally excited to see if this one will break out girl streak!

We were team yellow until our anatomy scan...baby was spread eagle from the second she put the wand on my belly. This isnt our first rodeo, I know what Im looking at haha.

Our plan was to buy a "coming home" outfit for each gender and then a few gender neutral onesies for the hospital stay. We already have 1 of each, and we kept everything from both kids so regardless of gender, we werent going to have to buy much.

I'm :yellow: I've been :yellow: for every pregnancy so far. I really enjoy the big reviel after all the hard work. The going in to labour & knowing that this it it, you are finally going to find out what baby is, what he or she looks like etc. The keeping everyone guessing, building the excitement & then finally being able to call & let everyone know once baby is here what sex they are.

It can get a little frustrating with the clothing. Unisex can be so boring. I've bought a few white onesies & vests. I find whites & beige so boring. I like simple greys & bold bright colours. There are places that sell some really nice unisex stuff. T k maxx has some lovely sets, & next have some gorgeous bright items. I love Aden & anise but it's very expensive. I have bought a sleep suit in pink & blue for the first outfit & will probably go & buy gendered clothes ones baby is here.

I'm team yellow... Also my 4th... Also 3 girls at home! Haha Haha. I had a friend give me all her newborn neutral things so I haven't bought much yet! We are totally excited to see if this one will break out girl streak!

You're ready to pop!!!! Good luck!!!

We were team yellow and I bought all sorts of clothes, the only colour I stayed away from was pink even though I honestly wouldn't have a problem with a boy wearing pink. There's no reason to stick to boring white, boys and girls can wear yellow, red, blue, green, orange, etc. I had stacks of clothes (bought all second hand) and my little girl has worn all of them.

I work at an animal emergency hospital and also have access all day every day to an ultrasound machine. I used it on myself twice but only used it once I was passed 30 weeks or so. It's a lot harder to see between the legs when the baby is starting to get squished in there (or so I was told).

We didn't do much decorating, the room that became my daughters room was already painted light green and I bought a bunch of jungle/monkey decals to put on the wall which would work for either gender. As far as crib bedding I use whatever hand me downs friends and family gave us so they don't necessarily match the green walls but I really couldn't care less about that.

I loved being team yellow and will do it again for baby number two.

I'm currently about 24 weeks pregnant with baby #1 and am team :yellow:

We painted the nursery a light yellow which works for both. We were also considering green. But there are many colors you can use that work for both genders.

Haven't bought clothes yet but am planning on buying all colors except pink and purple. Don't think it's particularly difficult to find unisex stuff if you are open to a wide range of colors and patterns. DH and I will start buying clothes next month.

We are team yellow. I am going to dig out some of neutral newborn stuff my son had as far as clothing and then we have a pink or blue coming home outfit. As far as the nursery goes, I'm not going to bother. My son didn't sleep in his room for forever anyway so I'm just going to play it by ear and make room as we need it

We plan to stay team yellow. We had our 1st scan last week at 13+5. We told the sonographer we didnt want to know and he said that it was too early anyway then the 1st thing we saw when he put the wand on my tummy was the perfect potty shot. He was quite excited and said he could actually tell us if we wanted. It was tempting but we managed to stay firmly team yellow. I'm a bit worried about later scans when its going to be really obvious if the same thing happens. We love the sonographer we go to but he takes ages over the scans and is very thorough so the chances of catching an accidental glimpse seem high. This will likely be our last so I'd really like to do the surprise thing once. We found out with our other two. The first one we were eager to know. The second we liked the idea of a surprise but found out by mistake at 14 weeks because I did the harmony test. We have one of each and have kept the clothes so won't need a lot either way. I like the idea of getting a first outfit of each for boy or girl. We plan a home birth so all being well it wont be a going home outfit :).

I am hoping to stay team yellow. OH hasn't really said what he wants to do but if he wants to find out from our scan we will.

If we do stay team yellow like I hope then I'll buy enough neutral clothes to last until I can go shopping after birth and put the rest of the money that would have been spent beforehand aside so I can buy the gender clothing I need. If we are having a boy I won't need to buy anything else apart from the pram cos I kept it all, even the jumperoo! :)

Baby will be in with us until we can find a place with 3 bedrooms we can afford so no painting but I'd probably go for a really light grey and decorate with white and pastel colours if we had a room for this little one already

I would love to stay team yellow, ds is desperate to know if he is getting a brother or sister and has waited so long for one I feel I cant deprive him any longer, we have said he can come to the scan and will ask the sonographer to just tell him so although we will be there and hear I'm hoping that will make it a bit special for us :flower:

We're team yellow, have been for each of my pregnancies, I also have 2 boys. We always just bought neutral outfits, and then bought new clothes once baby was born. I like having a surprise to look forward to.

Was team yellow first time around and just bought everything in unisex. Once he was here we got lots of boy stuff as gift and I went out shopping. I found out with my second and as nice as it was knowing I think I'd go for team yellow with future baby x

My 4th too and I think a surprise will be amazing. Everyone says unisex is boring? But its not at all! Can get rainbow colours and animals. So much fun xx

I would love to stay team yellow, ds is desperate to know if he is getting a brother or sister and has waited so long for one I feel I cant deprive him any longer, we have said he can come to the scan and will ask the sonographer to just tell him so although we will be there and hear I'm hoping that will make it a bit special for us :flower:

That's a lovely idea! My DS wasn't allowed to come to any scans, would have loved for him to be part of it.

Team yellow here.

I have lots of neutral and will go shopping once baby is here.

We were team yellow but i saw a willy at almost 17 weeks & yesterday was sooooo obviously a boy when measuring his femur so yellow become 100% blue! I'm not bothered either way but the surprise with ds1 was lovely. Boys are easier to tell with. A girl you could just assume nothing was on show when infact there was nothing to show lol!

Good luck ladies, team yellow is worth it if you manage to stay that way :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->