Team yellows...

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
any other team yellows just really ready to meet baby and know gender and call baby by name?

This is our 3rd and first time not knowing gender and I feel the most disconnected with this one and I think it’s because I don’t know gender and can’t call baby by name and plan everything based on gender like I did my other 2. I mean I still love baby and so excited to meet him/her and snuggle and all the things!

Kind of? WE know the gender but arent sharing until birth. It's hard to not have things organized or planned. I cant set up things because it would give away the gender for example.

The other 3, we found out and everyone knew then.

I was the opposite! I didn't find out with my 1st but my 2nd and this baby found out due to being impatient and my OCD getting the better of me lol theres no feeling like not knowing the gender, when the baby is born and you have no idea it's literally such an amazing experience, I was crying so much when I was told my first was a girl! Especially as I predicted I'd always have a little boy first, you cant explain the feeling you get! Obviously when I had my son I knew he was a boy, and of course I was happy when he was born, but I didn't shed as many tears because the excitement of the gender wasnt there if you get me

We are so excited to find out who we will be meeting in just a few weeks! We have a name decided for either, and I've been calling it by a mix of both - "BoyName-GirlName' - so we feel we'll be used to either when it pops out finally. I tend to say 'he' when we discuss baby, but that's because for the first few months we were so convinced it was a boy: now we just don't know at all.

The midwife said very early on to us that she thought finding out the gender is like opening your Christmas present early, and we completely 100% agree with that sentiment. I can't wait for other half to tell me what kind we've had. I think it will help me with labour, as I'll be so keen to know who is actually coming out of there.

And it hasn't held us back at all in getting organised either, we are completely ready with all clothes bought, all furniture set up etc - we're not traditional pink or blue type people at all and baby has so many gorgeous white, grey, yellow, orange, red, green and rainbow clothes to wear for its first few months!!

We have a nursery’s ready and we have boy and girl clothing and such, but I’d still like to make the nursery a little more girly if it’s a girl! We also have a boy and girl name and I think of it often and try to imagine using each name.

Idk it’s not that I don’t feel connected at all it just seems I was a little more with my other two.

Don’t get me wrong I totally can’t wait to hear it’s a boy or it’s a girl! I’m really excited to experience that moment and sharing with everyone.

I'm team yellow and so excited to find out what baby is. I feel so bad using 'it' 'them' 'the baby' but I really wanted the surprise. Be amazing once baby is here and I'll feel like I can connect better once I start using their name

I already feel that the babys name is over used, as we refer him by his name, it even got worrying the other day as we both thought, we've been calling him by his name for so long the novelty has wore off and thought about changing the name! We cant now though we have way to many personalised things with his name on than its more hassle, I still love his name though and so does OH, I cant imagine calling him by another name now, I cant even imagine calling him 'the baby's lol when I was pregnant with my first I was calling her a he for the duration!

I’ve referred to this baby as a he a lot.. just comes out naturally and I have to be like or she! Lol!

I didnt find out with my first baby. I really thought I was having a boy because I never cud imagine myself with a girl and really wanted a boy.
But when I had the baby and they let me look to see what I had I was so shocked it was a girl but I loved her with every fibre of my body and it was such a wonderful surprise.
Theres just nothing like it hon. U just wait it will be well worth the wait hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->