Teary.

Frooty

Reaction score
I live at home with my mum at the moment and my OH lives at his flat, he wants me to move in so he can be with me and the baby but my mum is disabled and i feel so so guilty leaving her even though she has my siblings here with her i just can't help it. She didn't want me to move out until baby was a few weeks old but he wants all the time with me and his son which is understandable. Think im feeling upset too because i haven't moved out of home before never lived with a partner im sure i'll get past it but anyone have any advice?

do whats right for you. Where would you feel most comfortable?

Of course i feel most comfortable at home here with my mum but its over crowded and my OH really wants to be a proper family.

Could you OH not stay with you at your mums for the first few weeks??

You can say that you will need both his and your mums support in the early days. Then when you feel ready you can move in with him. Only go if you feel ready though! Xxx

I really feel for you and your situation. I can only give advice on my own experience. When my husband and I first moved in together (before we were married lol) we found it quite an adjustment. We fought like cat and dog for the first few months as we found our feet and our roles in the house. There's nothing to say your experience will be this way, particularly as it's already a lived in home. However, having a baby is daunting and enough of a strain that it may be best not to have too many changes at once. You have to weigh things up, I have no idea how long you've been together, how strong your relationship is etc- only you know what is best for you- not your partner- not your mum- you. I know also from experience that doing things through guilt is never good- if that's the only reason you'd stay and you'd rather move in with your partner, you should go. You will figure it out, just make sure you think it through carefully. Good luck x

Theres not enough room for him to stay here with me. He wants to be part of this bubs life every step of the way thats why he asked me to move in we were looking into getting a place where we both move into but the waiting list is ridiculous. I'd like nothing more than to move in but i don't feel safe to but this isn't cus i dont love him or anything but its cus its all going to be new to me, maybe i should give it a go and if it doesn't work out least i can say we gave it a shot, my mum will always have me back here if it doesn't work out.

i thinl you should give it a shot. you are going to be a family now and without sounding oldfashioned families should be together.

i understand that it is harder for you to leave home than most because of your mother but you will have to leave at some point. you are about to have a baby, you have a man that is unbelievably willing to have you both with him and to make a proper family unit with you

with that said i agree with the other poster who said that you need to think about how this move will affect your relationship and whether it is too much for it. i have not gone through that, me and dh moved in with each other literally within days of getting together. i do not know the details on your relationship but if it is fairly new or newly serious or you have had times where you have argued a great amount etc etc then moving in may create a strain that could make it difficult to come back from. if you let your relationship take a more natural course then it may be better for the stability of your relationship

ekkk i have just given you two sides of the arguement havent i lol

personally if you have no worries other than leaving your mother then go for it but if there is an underlying reason for you wanting opinions, eg not being sure that the relationship would last such a big change then definately weigh up the benefits and potentially disadvantages and make an informed decision as to what you want to do

lol i hope my rambling helped in some wayxkx

Me and OH have argued not much and the relationship is fairly new he has said in the past that he doesn't think its a good idea we move cus we dont know eachother fully but he said that in the heat of an argument but now saying he wants me to move in.

Today is moving in with OH day, but he rang me this morning didn't seem to sure he wanted me to move in, i have everything packed and ready to go, how am i meant to feel comfortable moving into his flat when he is unsure? :(

Talk about confusing! First he wants you to move in and then he doesn't? I would stay at your mom's. You seem to be more comfortable there anyways and he is free to come see you and LO. He needs to make up his mind and commit.

So i moved in cant stop crying as i miss my mum so much just wanna go home tbh :(

I think if you already feel it is over crowded at home with your mum, then when your son arrives perhaps you would feel this pressure more. Moving out away from family is always very daunting at first, but what you have to remember is, that your family is there for you to love and support you.

I moved out of my parents house when I was 17, after a silly argument with my mam. Since then me and and her love nothing better than me calling down for a cuppa and a natter - it really does make my day.

You can always call and see your mum and maintain that bond. She'll probably love to know that you and your own little family are going to pay her a visit. I know my mam loves knowing me and my son are going to visit her, and she's really psyched up for her first grand daughter to visit her too.

xxx

Oh hun im sorry you feel this way like cyanidepill said moving away from loved ones is allways daunting and i imagine its even more daunting at the moment with you hormones running a riot.
Do you not think maybee you made the decision a little too quick it was only 4 days ago you didnt know what you wanted to do :-/ im not critising your decision or having a dig or anything hun
with me and my OH we had not been back togeather long after a break andhe phased his move back in with me so at first he would spend a few nights hear a few at home and then a month later he would stop extra time etc its been likethis for most of the 9 months of my pregnancy and now th eother week as we are now 100% used to each otherand the family idea has settled in with us he has brought the rest of his junk along and moved in lol but as it wasa slow process we had a lot of time to get used to the idea when we first met 3 year ago he moved straight in after about a month and we argued like cat and dog lol im suprised we didnt kill each other.

Sorry im blabbering on now lol
Anywayz it will take time for you to adjust to your new surroundings etc and your bound to be upset about being away from your mom you will get settled in eventually no doubt andliek you say if it doesnt work your mum will allways have you back give a few weeks though first and then you can say you gave it a good shot xx

Moving out is always hard hun :hugs: I felt like crap for weeks when I first moved out but it does get easier.

Just remember that your mum will still always be there, you can visit her anytime you want. You don't need to be living under the same roof to have a special bond :) I get on better with my mum now we don't live together than I ever did when I lived at home.

Once your beautiful baby comes along you'll know you've made the right decision because you, OH and your baby will have a lovely little family home of your own. It'll be fine hun, just give it time :hugs: x

Its more the moving in with OH that is scary cus its his flat and he didnt wanna move to a new house cus hes scared something will go wrong and have nowhere to go

maybee sit down and have a chat with OH see if you can make the place feel more at home :-/ i know it sounds silly but could you not pinch some of your comforts from your mums house or something from your room there that will make your OH's place more homely to you and make you more comfy :-/
I know you said your mum is disabled and i dont know your circumstances with OH flat but could your mum not come round for dinner and visit you there a few times a week for familiarailty (spelling?)

My mum can't hardly walk which makes me feel even more guilty cus i always want to look after her make sure shes alright. Im going to see her on thursday anyway so it will be nice :) and when LO comes im sure i'll see her even more often.

My mum can't hardly walk which makes me feel even more guilty cus i always want to look after her make sure shes alright. Im going to see her on thursday anyway so it will be nice :) and when LO comes im sure i'll see her even more often.

is your mums place far away from you new place? im sure your siblings are taking good care of her hun i know it must be hard for you andi know this may sound a bit tough and easy for me to say but you need to get your own family going now and think about them especially that baby isnt too far away :-/
if your mum lives local youcould call in on her everyday just make sure she is good see if she needs anything or just give her a call each morning and evening to see how she is doing to put your mind at rest xx

She only lives around 20 mins away from me and ive called her like 3 times already today lol. Im also uncomfy being here cus im not comfortable with my appearance like i never go out the door without make up and scared crapless OH will see me without it silly i know but its just how i feel.

She only lives around 20 mins away from me and ive called her like 3 times already today lol. Im also uncomfy being here cus im not comfortable with my appearance like i never go out the door without make up and scared crapless OH will see me without it silly i know but its just how i feel.

bless you sounds like your hormones just have the better of you at the moment hopefully once baby hear etc things will get a little easier for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->