Technology?

EcoMama

Reaction score
Hi :)

It's my 1st time posting this year! I'm looking for some advice :)

My son is 6 and so far he's never owned any electrinic devices such as ipad, ds or games consoles. Although he occasionally watches youtube on my iphone, he has never played games.

My dm is asking if she can get him a tablet or ds for christmas but I'm unsure :/

I know that it is important for us to move with the times, and I don't want him being left behind. But he's shown no signs of wanting any of these things, even during the minecraft craze in school and when his cousin has her ds out in front of him.

He's more in to his bike and the avengers atm!

Should I let dm buy him one or leave it for atleast a year (or 2 :blush:)

If he's not interested i would wait tbh. My 5 year old is obsessssed with my sisters ipad plus they use them at school so i have bought him a tablet for xmas.
I would maybe drop it into conversation and see what his reaction is.

Thank you :)

They use tablets in school, and I'd quite like to try some educational apps with him.
Maybe I should suggest it as a family present to dm, as none of us have a tablet. It'd be weird for the 6yr old to be the 1st :)

A family tablet sounds like a good idea. Since your son is not that interested, then I'd not bother with one just for him.

Thank you :)

They use tablets in school, and I'd quite like to try some educational apps with him.
Maybe I should suggest it as a family present to dm, as none of us have a tablet. It'd be weird for the 6yr old to be the 1st :)

Yeah that's a good idea :thumbup: I'm definately planning to steal morgans while he's asleep. I had to name myself as the main user to set up the parental locks etc. so it'd be rude not to haha!

My seven year olds tablet goes mostly unused. He really does love his Nintendo ds though. If he hasn't shown any interest I would just leave it =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->