Teddy nappies?

anteater

Reaction score
Has anyone used Teddy nappies? I have just been recommended them by The Nappy Lady.co.uk because I am going to have drying issues (no airing cupboard or radiators). They look OK but I feel a bit dubious as I never imagined having a man-made fibre nappy.

Would love to hear your opinions. Thanks.

i was recommended allsorts by the nappy lady - so glad i didn't buy them as i didn't like the 1-2 i tried of them.

quick drying nappies:

pop in dream dri
ecobubs
flip stay dry

i've not used teddy nappies but they do sound like the types that require a wrap.

honestly though, you won't 100% know what you like till you've tried them. keep you eyes open for pre-loved on the nappy swap & sell or cloth nappy tree.

pockets are probably your best bet if you dont have a dryer, with microfibre inserts, the pockets (if you get fleece ones) are pretty much dry as soon as they come out of the washing machine and the inserts will dry overnight i find, but then again my house is warm

on a side note...how on earth do you manage with no radiators :shock: your house must be freeeeezing!!!

x

on a side note...how on earth do you manage with no radiators :shock: your house must be freeeeezing!!!

x

We have warm air heating which comes through vents, so we don't freeze :winkwink:, but there is nothing to hang washing on to dry. I use airers in our spare room, but it still takes a long time for stuff to dry in the winter.

I'm starting to think I should get a selection of different style nappies, instead of all the same. As soon as I've decided on one thing I hear something negative about it. Maybe I'll get a few of the Teddies, a few pockets and a few pre-fold. Luckily my parents have said they are going to buy them for us, so I don't have to worry so much about the cost.

How many nappies should I get and how many wraps? I get so confused:dohh:.

TNL also recommended teddy nappies for us which we got. They were okay, bit too bulky for my liking tbh and i still think they take a long time to dry comapred to some other nappies i have like the bumgenius. Agree to go with microfibre and pockets of you can as these seperate easily which helps speed drying.

The average recommended for a newborn to use cloth FT is about 24 to give you enough for a day and some in the wash. If you are going for 2 parters you will need less wraps as these only need changing every other change or so unless dirty. It is wise to mix nappies especially at first then you can get a good idea of what you like and what you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->