Teen Mom 3 (the TV show)

OhhBabyBump

#2 on the way!♥
Reaction score
So I always disliked the Teen Mom shows on MTV. I hated how much drama there was, the issues, and how it seemed.like every mother on there formula fed their babies and everything. But you know, its a show you LOVE to hate so of course I watched the whole season of.Teen Mom 3.

And I noticed the girl Katie was breastfeeding in ever episode. Which made me feel good because I hadn't seen that on the show yet.

So I looked her name up and come to.find out she breastfed her daughter until she was 16 months old. She also did the whole natural birth thing too! I could finally relate to one of the moms on the show and it made me feel happy that MTV allowed that on air which is showing a lot considerinf all the crap shows MTV has.

What do you think about the Teen Mom shows? And about MTV allowing breastfeeding?

She also left her baby over night with joey before she was 12 months and she was left to only drink whole milk for the first time ever.. But I put that blame on Joey because he didn't want her coming to bf her because his new girlfriend was there.

I favored Katie more because she seemed a bit more like an adult than a teen and I think the fact that she did breastfeed might inspire the teens that watch these shows religiously to also breastfeed. ( but she also had her flaws as a mother and a girlfriend...but who doesn't )

I also have a love hate relationship with the teen mom shows...sometimes I don't even know why I watch them....but I still do!

I'm another that loves to hate it! I always tuned in, and always complained about them. Lol. But honestly, I was more surprised that not more of them breastfed their little ones. Even on past episodes of 16 & pregnant I don't recall any breastfeeders. I could be wrong about that though.

I always have wondered why more of them didn't breastfeed! Many don't have much money and it is certainly less expensive. It also seems easier than having to heat bottles up for night feeds.

I was thinking the same thing, but it is a huge commitment and it also means that you are usually the only one feeding your baby, or at least primarily. Many of them have a lot of help and other people who do feedings. Good for her though. I thought this was very special.

I have watched all the seasons.. I actually heard other girls did breastfeed, however MTV did not want to air that.. until this season they chose to show it! I heard Kalynn in Season 2 breast feed, and she just had her second and is doing the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->