Teesside anyone?

Dinah93

Happy mum to two preemies
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone is from Teesside? I'd love to talk to some local pregnant ladies, or anyone who has given birth in the area and can give me some advice on the hospitals as I've been asked to consider if I want to go to James Cook or North Tees and I don't know how to pick.

Hi hun :)

I know you made this thread a while a go but just wanted to say I'm from teesside and gave birth to both my babies at james cook. x

Thanks for replying Missy. I've ended up going to North Tees as it's closest, this baby is already making itself known in having a huge impact on my blood pressure so it's off to the obstetrician tomorrow.

Oh dear I hope your blood pressure settles.. I had high blood pressure towards the end of my first pregnancy, definitely no fun. :hugs:

Although I haven't given birth at north tees I have heard quite a few good things about it, so I'm sure you'll be fine there. :)

Where abouts in teesside are you from? x

Originally from Darlington, now living in Eaglescliffe. What about you?

You must have your hands full with two under two, I'm betting it's worth it though. Lovely names for them both as well.

I'm in Redcar so not too far from you. Two under two isn't as hard as it seems, it's all about being organised lol. It is soo worth it, love my two to bits. It's just soo lovely watching them both together. Lexie adores being a big sister and helps out when ever I let her :) she's always giving her little brother kisses and cuddles. So when are you due? x

Not until 18th June (or thereabouts) very excited as this is our first, the doctors did a good job today of making me feel like they've got everything in hand.

I actually work in Guisborough for the council (for my sins) so know Redcar very well. Lived in Marske for a couple of years too.

Most of my family have given girth in North Tees (mist recent was my younger sister on October 24th) and all have said the facilities, staff etc are great.

Good luck. X

Hi Helen :wave: Is this your first?

It is :) and I'm very excited! Shocked as it was unplanned (and I'm single :dohh:) but really looking forward to it.

I'm keeping it a secret till the first scan so I was dubious about posting in here but the chances of bumping into someone I know are pretty slim!

Is this your first? How far along are you?

Hi Eliza, welcome :D

I doubt you'll run into anyone here Helen, and if you do, they're just as likely to want it to be kept a secret. Is the dad in the picture at all or do you have a family or friends to be there through all the highs and lows?

Yep my first too, I'm 10 weeks tomorrow - 2 weeks until my first scan. How about both of you?

I've had all my scans, BUT, just booked our 4D one for the 29th of this month I can't wait!
The 12 and 20 week scans don't feel long enough :haha:

Are you going to find out what you're having?
This one is our first, we're having a little boy and calling him Lucas Theo :flow:

I have my midwife appointment on the 2nd December. I'm not with the father but he is very much involved (on his way round mine with sunday dinner and cake right now!) not sure when my scan is yet though, can't wait!

I am gonna find out what i'm having, have no preference though. Just happy and healthy!

Lucas is a beautiful name :)

I originally wanted to find out, now for some reason I've swapped to wanting to be suprised. I'll no doubt flip back and forth several times between now and the 20 week scan. As I'm high risk I have scans every 4 weeks after 20 weeks to check on growth... I'm worried if I don't find out a tech will accidentally tell me at one of them.

I have my midwife appointment on the 2nd December. I'm not with the father but he is very much involved (on his way round mine with sunday dinner and cake right now!) not sure when my scan is yet though, can't wait!

I am gonna find out what i'm having, have no preference though. Just happy and healthy!

Lucas is a beautiful name :)

Thankyou hunni, that's the reason I didn't want to find out. I would of liked the extra surprise at the end as I didn't mind boy or girl as long as she/he was H&H... but OH wanted to find out so badly!
So like any loving girlfriend I gave in :haha:

Scans are so exciting, it's when everything really starts hitting you and it becomes completely real, the love you feel for that little bouncing bean on the monitor at only 12-20 weeks is unreal :kiss:

I originally wanted to find out, now for some reason I've swapped to wanting to be suprised. I'll no doubt flip back and forth several times between now and the 20 week scan. As I'm high risk I have scans every 4 weeks after 20 weeks to check on growth... I'm worried if I don't find out a tech will accidentally tell me at one of them.

Don't worry hun, if you let the scanner know before hand everytime you go in that you aren't finding out the sex, he/she will go out of their way to not slip up :hugs:

I know what you mean about swapping, I thought it would be nice to put a gender and name to him when we found out (I'm not going to lie, I do feel like I've grown a bigger bond since finding out), but also not finding out till the end is an extremely special moment for you all. My next one I am definitely staying :yellow:
It's all about the willpower :flow:

I want a cream and green Peter Rabbit nursery anyway, so gender isn't about to influence decorating... and will just have to have a shopping mission for pink or blue hats once it's born!

DH has just been offered a new job, if he takes it he won't be eligible for paternity leave, but it's a big career jump and salary increase so likely he will do it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->