teeth and breastfeeding

birdlee337

Reaction score
Her bottom teeth have finally broken through!!!!! Yay!!!! However OUCH!!!! She has bit me several times. What do I do to keep her from biting me? :(

Stalking...mine is 9 months and still no teeth. while we r anxious for them to come in, I'm in no rush in regards to bf'ing!! Is scared of him biting me!

My son bit a couple of times getting used to his teeth but if they are latched on properly and feeding in don't think they can bite. I just asked him if he was done when he started to get distracted. Either he would focus or I'd cover the boob. He has 8 teeth now at 13 months and he doesn't bite my boob. He loves to bite my shoulders and knees though and those leave black bruises. Lol

As soon as they bite unlatch them, and put them to one side for a minute. My lo only bit a couple of times, soon learnt nursing session wouldn't continue if he bit me.

Alternatively, push them into your breast. They won't be able to breathe, so will have to release the bite.

I pinch his nose so he can't breathe and he immediately releases. I made him wait several minutes before offering again. He did it 3 or 4 times when they first came in (end of sept) but have been bite free for about a month now! Definitely important for them to learn that biting breast = no milk.

Thanks all. She hasn't done it again...knock on wood!!!!! :)

Spoke too soon! She was letting go of my boob and she bite me....damn nipple is bleeding! OUCH!!!! :(

My son got in the dog bowl today and I went to scoop the piece of food out of his mouth and when he realized what I was doing he bit down so hard! Little boy wanted to eat that dog food I guess lol. I bled and it hurt

OMG!!!! now she has 4 teeth!!!!! And she is killing me. I don't want to stop breastfeeding! But I just don't know what to do! When I sayloudly ouch she lets go and laughs. I just don't know. Please tell me someone has an answer! ;)

Does she take a pacifier? Maybe every time she bites you put the milk away and give her a paci to munch on for awhile?

Only thing to do really, is to un-latch every time you're bitten and wait for the phase to pass.

I'm going through a biting phase at the moment too and what I'm trying to do is try and unlatch him before he bites. He's done it so many times now that I have a good idea when he's about to bite me, he does it at the end of a feed and I can tell when he's about to bite because he starts fussing. As soon as he starts, I get my finger in ready to unlatch him the second I feel his teeth! When he actually does bite me I take him off and either put him down or pass him to someone else to show him that the feeding session is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->