Teeth brushing and morning sickness

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
I've developed a big dislike of mint and I'm struggling to do my teeth. Mouth wash is a big no. I brush my teeth but I have to do it really quickly to get rid of the mint taste before I throw up. Now I've developed tooth ache which is a recurring thing because of an old filling. Normally it goes away after a few days of really good brushing flossing ect (it's basically just a very sensitive tooth). But I can not brush it well (it's a back tooth so that doesn't help). I'm seriously considering getting children's none minty tooth paste but I don't know if it's effective. Does anyone know of a none minty adult tooth paste or mouth wash? I'm in the UK

Hmm I'm in the US so I don't know if you'd have it there but we have a brand called earth paste here that we get in lemon and cinnamon sometimes. I have the opposite problem.. If I don't brush my teeth after I eat every time, I feel super sick lol ugh. I hope you find a solution that works for you! If you don't have anything like I mentioned, I'd probably think about getting a kids brand for awhile with a better flavor!

Omg.. I'm having the same problem, not so much the minty flavor but sticking my toothbrush in my mouth, it's really getting frustrating because I feel like I'm not getting my mouth clean enough and it's grossing me out :/

Thank you ladies I'll have a look for them. I'm chewing sugar free fruity chewing gum but obviously it's not the same. That's how I feel pinkpassion. My teeth just do not feel properly clean. I've managed to get them clean enough to get rid of the toothache for the time being though so that's something.

Kids toothpaste is just as good. Compare on the box the floride content, that's the most important ingredient. Choose the one with the highest concentration an ull b fine x

Omg.. I'm having the same problem, not so much the minty flavor but sticking my toothbrush in my mouth, it's really getting frustrating because I feel like I'm not getting my mouth clean enough and it's grossing me out :/

I'm having the same issue! I threw up three times this morning trying to brush mine. Now just the thought of brushing my teeth makes me gag.

I'm having the same issue! I threw up three times this morning trying to brush mine. Now just the thought of brushing my teeth makes me gag.

An old wives tale I used and it worked for me. Leave your hand under cold running water whilst brushing. For some reason stopped me vomiting. Make not work for you but give it a try.

An old wives tale I used and it worked for me. Leave your hand under cold running water whilst brushing. For some reason stopped me vomiting. Make not work for you but give it a try.

That's very interesting. .. I'll definitely give it a try!!! Thank you!!!!

I had this issue all throughout my first pregnancy and could not brush my tongue or I'd gag. The gagging never went away fully and now it's coming back full force again now that I'm pregnant. I haven't tried it yet, but there are homemade recipes that you can try out. Pinterest has a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->