Teeth brushing

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips on how to get Tom to accept having his teeth brushed? Charlotte is fine and lets us scrub away. Tom grabs the brush in a vice-like grip, sucks the paste off and chews it before pushing it away. :dohh:

2 toothbrushes is the only thing that works here, one for me and one for joe; its sometimes hard to wedge it in though :lol:

Little monkey :lol:

No suggestions though sorry Helen x

Let him play with the toothbrush whilst you're brushing your teeth (you might want a different toothbrush for this though in case they drop it etc). Bethanie tends to do the same sometimes (the vice thing lol) and says "no no" then jamming her mouth shut. I have also put Bethanie on the floor, so she can stand.. maybe it makes her feel more independent because she likes that too.

Keep at it and im sure he will get better soon. :)

If he's chewing it hon then he's pretty much cleaning his own teeth. :)

Praise him up and be proud.

Charlie sucks the toothpaste off and then chews the brush as well Helen.:dohh: I do try to give them a scrub after myself, but he clamps shut, shakes his head and screams!:dohh:

I used to just hold them down between my legs while they screamed (good for opening the mouth tho), but, I would also sing a song (ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider etc...) and sometimes they would stop screaming to listen. Now, they no longer cry or even whine...and they still want me to sing! ;)

I have two brushes, one I brush with, the other she plays with :)

Tried the two brush approach this morning. I think I need three! :lol: One for each hand and one for me. The spare brush was just waved around and the spare hand did the vice-like grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->