Teething already?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by nikki_j, Dec 15, 2009.

1. nikki_j

nikki_j Mummy to my baby Aiden :)

Hello, so Aiden is only 10 weeks, but he seems to be showing signs of teething?? But isn't this far too early? He has been dribbling like mad for about a week, have noticed very flushed cheeks the last 2 days and he seems to constantly have his hands in his mouth! And it's not because he is hungry because I offer him his bottle and he refuses - and he seems to have been eating looooads the last 2 days... He is also getting verrrry angry very quickly for what seems like no apparant reason, but maybe he is in a bit of discomfort...?

Had a little feel of his gums, but couldn't feel anything... could this be teething?

Thanks ladies x

2. zoe0504

zoe0504 Well-Known Member

HI, i noticed these symptoms with Oliver around 7/8 weeks, he's now 4 1/2 months and has just cut his first tooth! It could be teething with your LO, Oliver used to get very grizzly to begin with. Good Luck!! x x

3. britt1986

britt1986 Well-Known Member

Actually, it is not too early to be teething. I took Bryson to his 2 month checkup today and the pediatrician said that some babies can teeth as early as 2 months old, but are more likely to do so around 4-5 months. He said it is not at all unusual to start teething that soon.

4. holden_babez

holden_babez Well-Known Member

no that is not too early.. I have a mate who's girl is only 4 weeks older then Chelsea and she got her first tooth at 5 weeks old...
    Cheslea is now 7 months old and no teeth yet... I think she will be walking before she starts teething lol

5. DolceBella

DolceBella Mum of 2 Gingers!!

My LO did the same thing at around the same age. I think things were moving around and pushing up under the gum. She didn't get a tooth till about 5.5 months, but she was definately uncomfortable for about a week when she was 11 weeks.

6. JShaw

JShaw Well-Known Member

My little guy has been dribbling like mad and biting things (my fingers, his fists) for about a month now. I asked my mother about it, thinking it's too early for teething, but she said they can do this for a few months before a tooth actually comes through. But it's most likely the start of teething.

7. nikki_j

nikki_j Mummy to my baby Aiden :)

Ah okay thank you. I did a little research on google too lol. Is there anything I can do for him bless him... he is a little too young for things like teething rings isnt he, he won't be able to hold them in his mouth? xx

8. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

Violet started teething at about 2/3 months (but has only just cut the first one!).. We just held the teethers for her and she loved it, really helped her x

9. emilyjade

emilyjade mummy of two!

its never to early as some babys are born with teeth

10. Bluetomato

Bluetomato Mummy :-)

Dom is 15 weeks old today and for the past couple of weeks he has been very dribbly and constantly trying to eat his hand. He also gets a very pink cheek, so I think there may be a tooth or two on the way!