Teething and won't chew teethers!

P

punk_pig

Like it sounds really.

I have bought Nubby Nibbler, some gold award winning teether with spinning bees, a ring with rubber raised bits, fake set of keys teether, wooden spoon etc. And she won't chew them! She chews her sleeve and is desperate for my car key at times (usually when we need to drive). Everything else is thrown down! Is this just because she has learnt the fun of throwing things away and having them given back at the same time as teething??

She used to chew things more when not teething just exploring. She is now 10mnths.

Have you tried Sophie the Giraffe? I find Callie likes her more as she's softer and she can get a good chomp on, whereas there's no "give" in teethers.

Sophie giraffe & bickypegs (sp?) were best for us x

Hi,

Ethan wasn't really interested in teethers either, until I bought one of these pendants:

https://www.smartmumuk.com/index.php?id=1&category=3

I got the black and white zebra-type print one as I know babies are fascinated by black and white. He chews on it all the time (I've taken it off the cord as he doesn't really sit on my lap much!) and ignores the other teethers we've bought.

It's a really smooth silicon material - I'm not sure why he prefers it to other teethers but as long as he's happy then I don't care!

xx

Some of her teethers have give cos they have gel or water filled sections, some are harder. My car keys and now iPhone don't have give but she loves them. Maybe she's not actually that bothered by her teeth except at night and is manipulating me in to giving her objects she isn't usually allowed (remotes, iPhone, keys etc) cos she screams when I take them away but she hasn't even once tried to put some of the teethers in her mouth so how does she know she doesn't like them?!!?!

Side note: has anyone found a stockists for Anbesol liquid? The gels are tricky to get in to LOs mouth but my local Tesco pharmacy say they haven't carried Anbesol liquid for years and don't know if it is still manufactured!

Mine doesn't like any teethers, not even Sophie the Giraffe (she does love the squeak on Sophie though haha)

She will only chew real keys, TV remote or my mobile phone! My phone only cost a tenner from Tesco so I just give her that xx

Mine doesn't like any teethers, not even Sophie the Giraffe (she does love the squeak on Sophie though haha)

She will only chew real keys, TV remote or my mobile phone! My phone only cost a tenner from Tesco so I just give her that xx

ha, might be worth just buying a cheap tesco phone then!:haha:

Side note: has anyone found a stockists for Anbesol liquid? The gels are tricky to get in to LOs mouth but my local Tesco pharmacy say they haven't carried Anbesol liquid for years and don't know if it is still manufactured!

You can get it from pharmacy counter at Boots :flower:
Louis like Sophie but would rather stuff hard plastic in his mouth, I've spent a fortune on teethers but he prefers remotes/phones, his Vtech trumpet/tambourine, books etc :haha:

Where can you get bickipegs from? She had fun eating one of those hard spelt bars made by Plum, so I think bicipegs might be the way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->