Teething Babies - How To Help & Sleep?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Well Caitlins a good sleeper until recently every night shes up crying - Try to give her a drink and she doesn't seem too bothered ..Ok OH does lol ...me I'm clonked out this pregnancy and day to day is killing me.

Seems her first teeth are definately coming through at the bottom so I have a couple of questions Mums...

Is the wakening to do with this?
How long does it take for tooth to actually pull through?
When it pulls through does her pain stop?
What can help her? (She appear ok in the day but her restless night can't be good on her)!

x

Colton normally wakes 1-2 times during the night when he is teething. And alot of the time I cannot get him to even sleep without some baby orajel (I used the nighttime one, because I only used it when he was going to sleep as thats when they seemed to bother him the most)
Coltons only took around 2 days to completely cut through. It can take up to 1-2 weeks for the tooth to COMPELETLY be out of the gum though.
Usually Colton seems pretty okay after they cut through (usually they cut two at a time.. one then the other right after, so he can be upset for 1-2weeks) but the longest time frame between one tooth cutting and the second was only like 5 days.
Although with Colton he has cut 6 teeth in two months, so he was pretty much teething 1 week, fine 2-3 weeks, teething 1 week, fine 2-3 weeks.

Hope she starts feeling better soon! :hugs:

With both my babies it takes about 1-2 weeks for it to poke through.
And the best thing i can suggest is calgel or bonjela...it really does work wonders! It settles them coz its a new taste and then when it starts working it gives a good while to get them settled :) and then back to sleep again.
I hope this helps :hugs:

Ella was waking once in the night but it only seems she wanted bottle something to get her mind off of the pain i supose.
She is still restless and has two teeth now so not sure when this will stop. I'd say about 1-2 weeks for the teeth going on experience though , may vary!

Dec always wakes in the night when he is teething, usually he sleeps well until about 1-2am then wakes almost every hour after that I find Calgel works best for him. With Decs teeth it usually takes about 1-2 weeks for it to pop out but he always gets 2-3 at the same time, at the minute he has seven and I can see another 3 just sitting there and he has been very restless these past few nights.
Hope little woman is feeling better soon. xx

Even though Alasdair isn't meant to be teething yet (too young?) I've already found that rubbing his gums with teething gel puts him straight to sleep if he won't go over...must be the new sensation/taste thing.

We normally have a few days here where Katie sobs in her sleep, doesnt actually waken though.

What can you see in Caitlins mouth? Is the little bud visible? It took Katie a few weeks after the bud was visible :)

only suggestion is bonjela, calpol and teething powders throughout the day up until bedtime whether she is narky or not and it might leave her comfy enough to sleep.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->