Teething - Help!

T

TashaAndBump

Anna has only just gone to sleep... She's been crying all night with these teeth coming through :( I have had no sleep, and she is becoming increasingly difficult to settle...

Does anyone have any advice? She's too young for a teething ring - it won't fit in her mouth and she can't pick things up yet. She does enjoy a good chew on my finger every now and then but she soon gets bored and remembers that she is in pain.

Poor little princess. She's obviously in a lot of pain but there's not much I can do about it, is there? Does anyone know any tricks to take the pain away?

One of her teeth is just cutting the gum now so hopefully that one will stop hurting, but something tells me more are on the way because I can really clearly see the front four teeth under the gums and she seems in a lot of pain... How long should I expect this to go on for??

Have you tired to give her some calpol, I no its for over 3 months but noticed she is nearly there and they do allow you to give them a spoon a 2 month after injections or teething gel.

Hope she feels better soon :hugs: x

Just called my mum. She is going to go to tesco for me to pick up some teething Gell. Thanks :)

We did try calpol - She won't swallow it - keeps spitting it out! We thought we had it this morning - really looked like she had swallowed it, but as soon as we put the lid on and the calpol away, she spat it all out! :dohh: She's cleverer than we give her credit for this one: It's like giving a tablet to a cat! lol

Oh hun, sorry to hear that! Anna usually sounds such a happy baby, I know how horrible it is to watch them in pain and not be able to help them. Just googled teething and had a nosey on this website, looks pretty helpful www.teething-babies.co.uk.

I am really not looking forward to lily teething, lol colic and teething sounds unbearable

:-(

Hope it gets better soon hun xxx

we bought some tommee tippee early teether dummies from tesco (£4ish) that you put in the fridge/freezer and then squirt some teething gel on so they bite down and the gel gets to the right place, they were great for Lilia. Took some getting used to for her though but nowhere near as bulky as those huge teething rings you see around:
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/aimyaimy/blue_gummy_teether.jpg

I tried loads cause kyle started teething early too, but I swear by Ashtons & Parsons..They are amazing. My mum used them with me and its the only thing thats worked with kyle.Its a powder and contains nothing harmful, no paracetamol or anything. Up here they cost £2.55 coz a box of 20 sachets, suitable from birth, half a sachet at a time.

Try them, I promise they work lol xx

oh and you only get them out a pharmacy

I tried loads cause kyle started teething early too, but I swear by Ashtons & Parsons..They are amazing. My mum used them with me and its the only thing thats worked with kyle.Its a powder and contains nothing harmful, no paracetamol or anything. Up here they cost £2.55 coz a box of 20 sachets, suitable from birth, half a sachet at a time.

Try them, I promise they work lol xx

oh and you only get them out a pharmacy
we use this too, cos its powder he cant spit it out. Oscar takes calpol now, but when he was spitting in out I used to put it in a teat to kind of fool him into taking it.

Thanks for all the advice girls. Have got a tommee tippee teething dummy from Tesco, and some bonjela teething gel - seems to have worked a treat :)

Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight!

Hope it works and you get some sleep x

...and thanks for all the advice everyone - think Sam might be getting some teeth through soon!

calpol is working for callum. He is in real pain with his 2 new teeth!! hate seeing him in pain. I think i used teething powder with nicole and they defo worked for her.

those dummy things look good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->