Teething??? Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
Hey girls... Eli is almost 9 months and he has 3 bottom teeth coming through. He was really grotty this morning,just crying like something was hurting. He had no temp with very rosy cheeks and dribbling everywhere. He had a nap eventually and has woken up now with a temp of 38.8. Do you think it could be teething?:shrug:

Yes, sounds like it. Strip him off to try cool him down, maybe dab him with a cool flannel, try a dose of calpol to bring his temperature down. How does he seem in himself? If his temperature goes above 39 you need to seek medical advice. Keep a close eye on him x

Give this a read

https://www.birth.com.au/Newborn-fevers/What-is-a-normal-temperature?p=2

Thanks. He is grotty and moaning. I can tell something is uncomfortable. He just had some mashed fruit,but didnt eat much. He starts drinking and then will stop and cry. He wont have his dummy at times either,which is why i thought maybe its his teeth. Ive just given him some meds so will keep an eye.:flower:

I think it sounds like teething hun, have you got any teething powder? That works the best for my little one.

I remember you from 3rd tri babe, congrats on the pregnancy!! You're so lucky, I'm well broody :haha:

I think it sounds like teething hun, have you got any teething powder? That works the best for my little one.

I remember you from 3rd tri babe, congrats on the pregnancy!! You're so lucky, I'm well broody :haha:

I do have some powders in the cuboard somewhere. Might get some more in the morning. Have only used calgel on his gums at the min,but screams when i touch his mouth.:wacko:

Thanks for the congrats sweetie! I must admit im shattered at the moment,cant get any sleep with Eli being grotty...so im like a bear with a sore head at the moment!:blush:

Yep it sounds like teething to me. Poor little love, it is rotten. Anbesol liquid is brill! xx

Sounds like teething to me, I give my DS calpol and it brings his temp down.
And congrats on the pregnancy, I remember you from the trimesters.x

Sounds like teething to me, I give my DS calpol and it brings his temp down.
And congrats on the pregnancy, I remember you from the trimesters.x

Aww thanks lovely!:hugs: MIL isnt going to be happy we are pregnant again,but i dont care what she thinks. Eli has just woken up and temp is now 37.4 and he has almost finished a bottle. But he is still very grotty and wont let me touch his gums at all,so cant see whats going on in there!:dohh: Im sure its going to be another long night with very little sleep for me or Eli.:wacko:

Morning girls...he is still grotty this morning but no temp. How long do the teeth normally take to cut through the gum?:wacko:

That's good that he's feeling better :thumbup: Not sure how long they take to cut through, I think they come in their own sweet time!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"