teething or ear infection?

vejables

Reaction score
sage has been rubbing her cheek and her ear a lot the past few days. she also has a rash on her chin and has been drooling a lot, but shes only 2 months old! is this normal? should i get her checked to rule out ear infection or do you ladies think this is actually teething? and if it is teething, what can i do to soothe her? she seems quite uncomfortable. :cry:

It does sound alot like teething but 2 months is early but still a possibility i'd get her checked just to rule out ear infection if your concerned but i'd say its her teeth even if there just moving not actually coming through.

If shes rubbing her ear I would check for ear infection - Ive never seen Caitlin rub her ears.

I've always tried to keep Caitlins ears dry (as I can) when shes in the bath as this can cause ear infections. Just a wee tip :mrgreen:

2 months old is early..
I'd say its an ear infection if she's rubbing her ears.
Alex had really bad ear infections about 3 months ago coming and going over 4 weeks.
I found off the doctor that babies heads have small tubes between the ears and throat, unlike adults whose are longer, and that drinking milk laying fully or quite far onto their backs or laying down straight after drinking the milk causes the milk to go into the ear from the throat and this causes an infection.

Not too sure how true this is like, was pretty sceptical myself...however I fed alex right up after that and none have returned so far...but i dont know lol

Good luck and hope she feels better soon :)
xx

went to the doctor today and she does have an ear infection. she has to go 3 days in a row for antibiotic shots!!! :-( i feel sooo awful. i breastfeed her while laying down at nighttime. maybe i should stop?

Ive not heard of ear infections caused by laying down BF'ing - Don't most do this esspecially at night? Someone else may have different information though on that.

Poor little woman :( Ear infections are awful I do hope the anti-biotics help her very very soon :hugs: x

oh no the poor girl hope it clears up quickly

2 months old is early..
I'd say its an ear infection if she's rubbing her ears.
Alex had really bad ear infections about 3 months ago coming and going over 4 weeks.
I found off the doctor that babies heads have small tubes between the ears and throat, unlike adults whose are longer, and that drinking milk laying fully or quite far onto their backs or laying down straight after drinking the milk causes the milk to go into the ear from the throat and this causes an infection.

Not too sure how true this is like, was pretty sceptical myself...however I fed alex right up after that and none have returned so far...but i dont know lol

Good luck and hope she feels better soon :)
xx

I'd say this was a load of rubbish, milk would be pouring out of Kaya's ears if that were the case :rofl:

well she is still having trouble sleeping, but seems a bit more comfortable. 1 more shot to go! (tomarrow at 2:45)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->