Teething Pain

Louisa K

Reaction score
My LO has been teething what seems like forever and these lasy few days have been the pretty bad. I can see his two vampire teeth coming down, they look like lumps under his gums.

When his teeth are hurting he seems to struggle drinking his bottles.. He's really grumpy and fed up and nothing can distract him for long from the pain..

I've put denetox teething gel but it doesn't seem to help, he won't use the soothers, he just gets annoyed with those, he has started to actually shout with frustration and he keeps pulling at his gums..

I have given him Calpol and it just seems to make him go to sleep.. I can't help but feel a little guilty when I give him medicine, I don't even know why I feel like that tbh..

I just wish his teeth would just come through and give him a break!

Whats the best thing to do when they are in so much pain with their teeth? I've run out of ideas!

How are you giving him the bottles? Try and make sure they are room temp or colder. Ever since Colton first started teething he get frustrated wtih his bottles (which I then did warm), and so I started filling them up and then letting them sit until they reached room temp. Now I just do them straight from the cold tap (we have filtered water here).
You could try putting his bottles in the fridge for 10 minutes or so before you know he will want one. He might drink it alot better cold and it will feel better on his gums.

Besides bottles I give Colton baby tylenol. (Which I think is like Calpol there, but might be mistaken) It does make him sleep for 15 minutes or so after it kicks in but I imagine that he needs the rest after being so upset about his teeth and tired of them hurting all the time.
Also, like you, I give baby orajel. But I usually only give it too him when I know he is tired but just cannot sleep because of them hurting. The rest of the day I try and keep him distracted, playing, or just chewing on things.

Hope he settles some, I know its hard. Colton was an early teether-got his bottom two at 4.5 months.

I'm the same. My DD is teething and cries out with the pain sometimes. I also dont like giving her calpol. I have some anbesol that I rub on her gums which I think helps. I've never heard of bickiepegs, off to google it now!! xxx

I give Rocco Ashton and Parsons powders as well as bonjela and it seems to help. Looked at those Bickiepegs but he is way too young.

Ashton & Parsons don't seem to work for Jack anymore:hissy: I was looking at bickiepegs in Asda the other day but couldn't see an age on them, anyone know? Most biscuity type things are for around 7mths, but I know these are rock hard as I used them with DD, just can't remember from what age:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->