tell me about your christmas dinner :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just enjoy it, my mum tackles it like a military operation - there's a spreadsheet - which she swears helps :haha:

I try and do as much ahead as possible and I never spend much time in the kitchen and the dinner always turns out well.

I get a turkey boneless joint from morrisons I have bought it every year for 11 years and it is beautiful. So moist and no fussing with bones. I put streaky bacon over the top and regularly baste it.

I peel and par boil my roast pots, sweet pots bad parsnips on Christmas Eve

I peel pots on Christmas Eve too and put in cold water.

I also make the Yorkshire pud batter then too and cover and leave in the fridge.

I buy packets if carrots and packets of ready made pigs in blanket and stuffing balls.

I but disposable tins for turkey and roasted veg. Which are a godsend as I'm back with the family shortly after.

I do make my own gravy but when I first started YouTube was great for tips.

If ur doing starters prawn cocktail can be done in advance as can potato skins then just warm through.

Dessert I always but something like a gateaux or pavlova again slice and serve.

Good luck!

Maccy do you just get the boneless joint off the shelf or do you book one from the food ordering book? I want one this year but don't know whether to pre order or chance it closer to xmas. It's only £10 in the book I think, so I don't think they bump the price up. But I don't really need anything else out of it and there's a minimum order of £20, so not sure whether to bother x

Last year I was super lazy and bought everything which was peeled or prepared and ready to go into the oven. I think we'll do the same again this year! I hate not being with the kids to cook dinner so it works well for us, the only thing I did the brussels, stuffing, sausage meat, gravy, turkey and shoved it all in the oven!

Sorry Bid only just saw your question. I always buy it off the shelf bout three/four days before Xmas there's usually plenty there. You won't regret buying it. It's amazing I buy a big one costs me about £25 cause I like leftovers on Boxing Day cause it's so good and it's never dry the day after either.

We do a glazed ham for Christmas with stuffing, potatoes, mashed potato rolls, lots of gravy, veggies, and green bean casserole.

No starters as I figure it's just us and dinner is plenty.

For dessert this year I'm making a Bailey's cheesecake, maybe some kind of fruit pie and sugar cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"