Tell me about your experiences with Clomid

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
Did it work, how many cycles did it take, side effects..... Im looking to hear some real life experiences. Backed up my doctor appt to August to start Clomid for the first time...would like to know what Im in for. Thanks ladies!

Hi.
I'm on my first cycle of clomid 50mg at the moment. I took the pills on cycle days 2-6 at night as I've heard this way you tend to sleep through the side effects for the most part.
I had very little side effects, the only thing I noticed was waking up once or so each night having a little hot flush, but soon managed to get back to sleep. No emotional side effects for me which I was so worried about, pretty plain sailing!
After the Clomid tabs were done, around CD14 I started to really feel my ovaries working, they felt tender if I touched my lower abdomen and I could also sort of feel them when I sat down quickly, like i'd jolted them or something - odd feeling.
I got my positive OPK on day 17 and ovulated on day 18, so the clomid worked for me in terms of succesful ovulation. But now I'm in the 2ww to see if a pregnancy occurs following this :)
Now all my aches surrounding my ovaries have dissappeared and I feel totally normal :)

I used Clomid on and off several times,mostly before realizing i had both tubes blocked. I always took Clomid 50mg 3-8,never at night, and always ended up having pregnancy like symptoms. My breasts would ache, i'd have cramping, hot flashes etc.

I started seeing an RE in Feb after having at least one tube opened in October, and i'd taken Clomid that cycle, they did an ultrasound and I had 4 follicles, 2 good ones on my dominant side (left that month)and 2 smaller ones on the right side. After the IUI we got the call that sure enough, my left tube is blocked. I decided at that point there was no point in us paying OOP for IUI when it wasn't going to happen so we went ahead in March on 100mg (i have no idea why they changed it) and the u/s showed 2 large right side follicles. Low and behold ...

I always had 28-29 day cycles with ovulation being around 14. I did ovulate slightly later on Clomid, more like day 16

I got my first bfp on our second round of clomid (taken on days 2-6). It gave me sore nipples but they're still super sore at 6w+5 so maybe that was something else! I also experienced implantation twinges at 4dpo and got my bfp at 8 dpo so maybe the clomid helped speed that up too! I had one internal scan to check it worked and had to have a blood test on day 21 of my first cycle to check that i had ovulated but that was it. I hope it works for you! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->