Tell me some short pretty girls name beginning with E.

sbl

Mum of 2
Reaction score
DD name is Eva. We want to go with another short E name if we have another girl.
Suggestions?

Erin
Ellen
Emma
Eloise
Elise
Ellie

I think Ellie is lovely and I like Erin.

Edith (Edie)
Elodie
Elise
Erin

Erin
Eilidh
Ellie
Ella
Emily (not that short but one I really like!)

Evie
Ella
Erin
Elsie
Elise
Eden
Eliz
Eya (pronounced Eye-ya)

My name is Erin and I absolutely love my name. It's not unheard of, but it's not common either. I've been wanting Ella or Ellie for my bun in the oven but now I'm hearing both those names all over the place so I'm second guessing. Elsie is another pretty one I think.

My daughters are called Elsie and Edith (Edie). With Eva I think Erin, Emmie and Eden sound really nice.

Be warned though, with them having the same initial I do find myself getting their names mixed up sometimes!

my DD's full name is Emilia but we call her Emi all the time. I love her name <3

I also love Esme but it doesn't go too well with our surname so we aren't going to use it.

Some others (sorry if I repeat any!)
Eloise, Elsie, Elsa, Elise, Eva, Evelyn, Emma, Ella, Elle, Edith, Edie, Erin, Eden, Eris, Emily, Eve, Ellie, Evie

My daughters are called Elsie and Edith (Edie). With Eva I think Erin, Emmie and Eden sound really nice.

Be warned though, with them having the same initial I do find myself getting their names mixed up sometimes!
Me and my sister's have the same initial so I'm used to that &#128514;

Great choices, we also love Edith and Eve, we were leaning towards using Edith and calling her Edie but have been put off by reactions from others and may now go with Eve/Evie
People have mentioned it rhyming with needy and greedy
It kind of looks like eddy the boys name when being read
As she gets older will edie begin to sound childish and then being Edith be a bit formal?
Evie is cute and then if she wanted to be more professional Eve maybe works better?
Sorry, probably looking into it way too much but would be great to hear others thoughts?

Great choices, we also love Edith and Eve, we were leaning towards using Edith and calling her Edie but have been put off by reactions from others and may now go with Eve/Evie
People have mentioned it rhyming with needy and greedy
It kind of looks like eddy the boys name when being read
As she gets older will edie begin to sound childish and then being Edith be a bit formal?
Evie is cute and then if she wanted to be more professional Eve maybe works better?
Sorry, probably looking into it way too much but would be great to hear others thoughts?

If you love a name don't be put off by others opinions - when baby is called a name it becomes theirs and people accept it and even grow to like it. My daughters are Elsie and Edith and I know that nobody else in our families would consider names like that, and would maybe even have turned their noses up at them, but once they were their names we only ever had positive reactions.

We sometimes call our Edie greedy Edie, and that's because she is! Hopefully she won't get called it at school, but kids can be cruel and whatever a child's name there's always something horrible another child can come up with. She will probably be Edith at school though unless she specifically wants to be Edie. I think Edie and Edith work on a baby, a girl and a woman. Edie Sedgwick, Edith Bowman, Edith Piaf, Edie Falco, none of those sound too childish or too formal.

If you're worried about it being mispronounced Eddie, you could always spell it as Eadie, which I think looks quite pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->