Tell me your favorites to help me find my favorites? ;)

Croc-O-Dile

Reaction score
I planning on using cloth-nappies on Olivia once she's born. Although I will have disposables in case of emergencies or travel, since we go down to Alabama every year (14 hour drive if you're lucky, 18 if you get stuck in Georgia traffic :wacko:) and I wouldn't be able to handle the smell of dirty diapers all the way down there.

I'm from the states, so a lot of sites/stores you use aren't accessible to me. :nope:
But, I'd like to know what your favorite cloth-nappies are and wraps. (if you use them)
Also, if you planned on doing this while pregnant, when did you start buying cloth for your LO? While you were pregnant? or did you wait till they were born?

My favourites for practicality (leak proof, easy to use, easy to wash etc) are Bumgenius Flips which are available in the US. They're basically an insert that you can fold the end of depending on the size of your baby and a cover that it goes into - very quick and easy to use. They're birth-to-potty so have snaps to adjust the size on the front of the outer cover. I've found them very trim fitting compared to some others so I think they'd be ok from newborn (some BTP nappies can look HUGE on a little newborn!). I only use those for day as they wouldn't hold my LO's mega wees overnight. I use a mixture of Holden's Landing Bedbugs and Pop-ins overnight but for a newborn, I would think the Flips would more than handle the wee.

I started buying cloth when pregnant and got some very boring but sensible white nappies that are from a UK baby shop... They still work for us, but once Leyla was born I found this lovely section here and the ladies got me addicted to buying pretty fluff! Because of them I've tried a lot of nappies I never would have considered before (and spent a small fortune). If I did it again, I would probably buy a couple of nappies of different types just to try out, and then buy a full stash once you've tried them and seen what works for you.

Oh and for travel, we sometimes use disposables, but honestly cloth smells LESS than disposables! With a warm or dirty disposable, the chemicals mix with the nappy smell and it's horrible. :sick: When she's in sposies, I always think Leyla has done a poo when she hasn't, but I have to look in a cloth nappy to see if she's done anything, I can't tell otherwise. Once you have a dirty nappy to change when travelling, you put it in a sealed wet bag and it's no more offensive on the nose :)

Hmm Id go with Flips as well (knowing they are available over there) I love Itti Bitti D'lish but they dont suit for everyone, for newborns I rate BumGenius sized AIOs. Wrap wise (I dont know what you can/cant get!) Nature Babies or Motherease (there is a company here called WeeNotions which are good too)
Night nappy wise Id be going with Holdens Landing Bedbugs, as well as for pretty day nappies too. Wild Child also do beautiful and practical nappies.

I started buying when I was pregnant, started fairly early too!! Was a great way to spread the cost but Ive changed a lot of my preferances since hes been here and will probably continue to change them depending on his size, shape and mobility!

I bought my first nappies when I was 14 weeks preggo! Now at 22 weeks I have a HUGE stash of lots of different types. I have more of my 'favourites' (based purely on looks!) but figure i'll just sell them on if they don't work on my LO, and i'll buy more of whatever DOES work when he's here.

You look lovely pregnant btw- congrats!!

I started buying when i was pregnant too, probably around what you are now (congratulations by the way!). I bought ALOT of Itti's but when abigail arrived they werent a good fit on her at all, iv just had to sell them all! Shes now 7 weeks old and iv tried a huge amount of different brands- best that work for us are probably BumGenius (a US brand!) abigail is a heavy wetter and these hold up every time. She goes for upto 6 hours in one of these...they are usually pretty sodden when i take them off and iv never ever had 1 leak.

My biggest problem is the elastic around the legs on her, as newborns usually have skinny thighs, loooads of nappies gape which = leaks. Bumgenius, Issy Bear, Mini La La, Blueberry, WeeNotions, Flips and a few others are the best for leg snug-ness!

I went a bit mad buying small sized nappies as i thought the birth-to-potty would be too bulky and wouldnt fit but im now finding, that on the small poppered-down setting, these fit the best!

in short...dont buy too many of one kind...your babys shape could suit none of the pretty ones you buy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->