Telling parents

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
How and when are you going to tell your parents or parental figures?

We have 4 sets of parents to tell and there all going to be told at different points. OH would rather wait untill 12 weeks to tell all of them but iv told him i couldent wait that long to tell my mam, were to close and to wait that long would realy upset her.

Ill tell my mam when me and OH get our heads round it, Ill probably send her a pic by text of the HPT. Ring her and tell her to check her fone because she never dose and then walk round and see her. I wont tell my dad and step mam untill 12 weeks because they worrie. They are both blind and live in south wales so ill tell them over then fone and send a scan pic so their friends can see. Mil I think we will wait untill the scan and go over for tea or get her over here and show her the pic and im not sure about fil as oh is closer to his dad but he will still probably wait untill 12 weeks to tell him. Ill proably tell my grandparents after the scan.

God thats going to be some work.

How and when are you going to tell them?

I take it none of those groups of people talk to each other? Because that's what I would worry about.

I think with us, my sister and two close friends are going to know straight away. DH's parents will be told face-to-face so it may be a few weeks in. I want to tell my parents face-to-face as well and would rather wait till after 12 weeks. Not sure how that will work out though, as they are in another country. Will have to see if I can fly or if I can't then try to make them visit. :D

But I guess I've got a good few years to sort that one out anyway...

Nop they dont talk to eachother unless their all with us. We will tell them not to say anything untill wev told the others.

with maddi we told my parents the next day, after we found out, we're all pretty close and we wanted them to no asap. with james' parents he tried to arrange to go over there the same night, but they were busy apparently, so were told a few days later, after we'd been to see the nurse.

next time, for baby no 2, i'll tell my parents straight away, and with james' family i suppose we'll wait till after 12weeks, though i don't suppose it matters as they don't see or bother with maddi!

i had every intention of waiting to tell everyoe after 12 weks but think everyone knew within 3 hours of my bfp LOL

Lou
xxx

I don't really know to be honest!! Whilst I hate the idea of having to tell them over the phone, I want both sets of parents to know before half of Aberystwyth does. Considering that we live in Aber and they live in Cardiff (my parents) and Plymouth (DF's parents) then we don't really have much choice but to tell them over the phone! I'm on 2 darts teams and as soon as they realise I'm a) not drinking and b) refuse alcohol when it's offered then the cat's out of the bag and almost everyone in the league would know within hours!! I'll tell my 2 closest friends 1st (after DF obviously!) as I know that they'll be thrilled for us and would probably ring my parents not long after, once I've had a chance to figure out what words to use!!! DF will be left to ring his parents, although if his mum is available to speak to through facebook I'm not sure how I'll manage, even though I'd know full well that they deserve to be told at least over the phone!!!

Beca :wave:

With Joseph everyone knew straight away and I wish I had waited really, this time I am going to keep in it as long as possible lol, hopefully I will last until after the first scan! x

I'd probably wait a couple of days until it had sunk in and then tell parents and siblings over the phone. We're all pretty spread out location-wise so don't see each other regularly. However, if we were planning to see any immediate family within a month of finding out we'd probably wait to tell them in person and then tell the others over the phone at a similar time.

Friends, work and extended family would wait until after 12 weeks unless there was sufficient reason to tell them beforehand.

K x

Hmmm, theres no way i could have kept mine a quite untill after 12 weeks this time, im very very blantantly pregnant! Not that i see my dad for him to notice but i just told him via email a few days after id found out just by chance, i totaly forgot to tell him, id emailed him about somthing and then after i sent it relised i hadnt told him so sent him another one saying
Oh yeah.....your going to have another grandchild!
That was it, he just emailed me back saying how great that was ect.
My mam knew i thought i was pregnant anyway, because along with the rest of the family she knew we were trying, and id threw up the weekend on the sat at her house and got a bfp on the sun night, i just rang her and told her i took a test and i THINK its positive but i'll take another one in the morning and let her know
I rang her in the morning to say "yep im definalty pregnant" she shouted it too my sister while she was half way out of the door to go too school "your sisters pregnant!"
I guess when she was at school she told half of our cousins and they told there mams, but i think my mam phoned your mam about 2 seconds after putting the phone down too tell her anyway,
As for chris's parents and his nanna he just waited untill they phoned him since they do probably once a week anyway and just interupted the conversation with "oh yeah zaras pregnant"
The rest of my family just found out my word of mouth, and now when i see people i know who some how havnt heard im pregnant they just take one look at me see my bump and dont need to ask!!!

Because it's taking us a long time WHEN!! (not if) we get our BFP I want to try not to tell anyone until I have my 12 week scan just to make sure everything is ok.

x

Sorry for quick hijack but just wanted to say love your name Elphaba, i've seen wicked in london a few time and was transfixed.

x

I would want to tell them straight away although I think it would be better if we waited a few weeks first just to make sure. When the times come we would probably take both sets of parents out for a meal and tell them at the same time.

On a similar note we told my OH's mum the to other day that we were going to start trying after Christmas and she started crying (tears of joy, thank god!) and she nearly started me off, so god knows how she'll be when we get a BFP!

Last time we told Matts parents the day we found out, and mine 2 days later because they were visiting and we wanted to tell them face to face. It was really funny coz we went on the train into Leeds with them when it was busy, and the whole way there my dad was like "SIT DOWN", "STOP BLOODY ELBOWING HER THATS MY GRANDCHILD IN THERE" it was dead funny :)

Probably do the same again next time but I wont be as nervous. I told my dad last time in floods of tears coz I thought he'd be angry lol

xxx

Sorry for quick hijack but just wanted to say love your name Elphaba, i've seen wicked in london a few time and was transfixed.

x

Thanks Zipp! It's one of my favourites!

K x

My sister told us at about 8 weeks It hink it was. I dunno when to tell , I worry about that later xD

I'm going to try and leave it until i show ha ha!! I think 12 - 20 weeks this time but then again i had such horrid MS last time they will no doubt guess

I think we made it to 8 weeks? Or was it 10? We had planned to wait until 12, but I was absolutely dying of impatience and excitement, so my husband rolled his eyes and we picked up the phone (both sets of parents live in other provinces). It was quite lovely, even if I can't remember exactly when it happened....

I would want to wait until 12 weeks. Only because I am not that close to my mum and my in laws I just don't think will be able to keep it a secret. Otherwise I would tell them earlier. I just would worry that my mil told everyone then something bad happened, so I'd rather find out all was ok first. How easy it will be not to tell them though, I just don't know!!!

It also depends on when I get pregnant! If it happened straight away then the 12 week scan would be just before christmas, so would be able to put the scan pics in a frame and give it as a present. Otherwise, if it doesn't happen immediately (which is unlikely) then we will just tell them once we've had the scan.

I will tell my best friend and probably my baby sister too x

No one knows yet - only my best friend and OH's best friend (and you lot of course :lol: )

Im going to tell my mum on her birthday - end of July - but we're going to keep it quiet as long as possible from everyone else. As soon as I get a noticable bump, thats when we'll tell people

DP wants to wait to tell our parents until after 12 week scan, I know fine will i will find this very very difficult to not tell my mum before then. we would like it to tie in with maybe a special event like easter, christmas, valentines day, mothers day or fathers day so we can tell them with a scan picture in a card. Otherwise we don't know how we will tell them hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->