Telling the family..

pirateardnek

Reaction score
I have not told anyone yet, I am only 5 weeks and I know a lot of people wait till 12 weeks to tell. Christmas is right around 10-11 weeks so that is when we were thinking of telling our parents. :xmas6:

I'm just nervous that they won't be happy (mostly the in-laws :devil:) because we have hit a bit of a bad financial area. (We were fine when we started trying)

Also my Brother and his wife just had an amazing Son, and I am worried that the family will think I am just copying them or something like that.:shrug:

Well I am probably over thinking things...

So any fun suggestions for telling the family??:spermy:

Are you going to have people over? Or go somewhere. We used our first ultrasound picture to tell my parents. Maybe you can use an ultrasound picture and put it on the front of a tree and then say that you got a new ornament or something... they will see it hanging there. Or put it in a small box for someone to open.

I wouldn't worry about what they think about the financial issues. I lost my job when I was about 5-6 weeks along and we are down to one income right now. It's hard but nobody has said anything. If they do, it really isn't any of their business (in my opinion anyway). It's not like it will last forever.

Congrats btw!

Congrats!! I hope they're excited when you share such happy news!!!

I think Christmas would be the perfect time. : ) With both of our sons, the time to tell family happened to be around family birthdays. So the birthday people (one time my dad, one time my brother and sister) got a card that said, "Happy birthday! Love, My Name, DH name, and ??? expected on #-#-#!"

It was fun seeing their shocked looks, and then fun as it dawned on the rest of the room what was happening lol.

My sister announced one of her babies at Christmas, and she did it by printing a Christmas card with her pic, husband's pic, her kids' pics, and an ultrasound pic of baby. If you have an U/S before then, that would be fun!

Good luck however you choose to share!! : )

Are you going to have people over? Or go somewhere. We used our first ultrasound picture to tell my parents. Maybe you can use an ultrasound picture and put it on the front of a tree and then say that you got a new ornament or something... they will see it hanging there. Or put it in a small box for someone to open.

I wouldn't worry about what they think about the financial issues. I lost my job when I was about 5-6 weeks along and we are down to one income right now. It's hard but nobody has said anything. If they do, it really isn't any of their business (in my opinion anyway). It's not like it will last forever.

Congrats btw!

OMG I love the ornament idea! Yes we are having everyone over to our house. I'm not sure if I'll have an ultrasound picture by then, so maybe the idea with the cards and have it signed!:hugs:

I am 5 weeks 1 day too! lol.
I won't lie, we already told our parents. We didn't want to keep them in the dark. However, I was thinking about telling the rest of our family on Thanksgiving. I know I will only be around 8ish weeks. My idea was to incorporate it into our Thanksgiving prayer, or have everyone go around and say what they are thankful for. Then when it comes to us, DH and I will announce it together.

I am 5 weeks 1 day too! lol.
I won't lie, we already told our parents. We didn't want to keep them in the dark. However, I was thinking about telling the rest of our family on Thanksgiving. I know I will only be around 8ish weeks. My idea was to incorporate it into our Thanksgiving prayer, or have everyone go around and say what they are thankful for. Then when it comes to us, DH and I will announce it together.

Oh goodness yes I would tell mine sooner, but my Sister-in-laws baby shower is next weekend. No way would I want to steal the show per say.
Apollo (My nephew) Was a preemie and was a miracle he was born (hence the late baby shower). So that's why I am going to wait. Because I am so proud of my brother, his wife, and my nephew; here is an adorable picture of him:

10419587_689958324426701_4004870984800191113_n.jpg

I don't think anyone would think you're copying him, especially if you two are close in age. It'd be a pleasant surprise for everyone. I always wanted to give everyone bibs or onesies that said "I love my grandpa" or "what happens at grandmas stays at grandmas" or "my aunt is cool" you know, just personalized like that for everyone and have them all open them at the same time, unfortunately timing wasn't right for this one.

Maybe if you don't have an u/s picture you can use little baby socks or shoes or something like that. I would think it would stick out still.

Congrats btw!

OMG I love the ornament idea! Yes we are having everyone over to our house. I'm not sure if I'll have an ultrasound picture by then, so maybe the idea with the cards and have it signed!:hugs:

Congrats!!! I am sure they will be happy and thrilled for you guys! Everyone goes through ups and downs financially, and you guys will be okay. The baby announcement will be full of joy no matter what!! :)

i dont see how a family could not be happy about a baby especially around christmas!
it may actually make you feel better to tell them as maybe they can help you with finances?
i'm in the same boat, i'll only be 10 weeks and 5 days around christmas but i'd really like to tell the family then, if eveything goes okay of course. i'm hoping to have an ealry ultrasound so i can keep my nerves at bay

I'm dreading telling my parents! We have had a little financial struggle and I'm dreading it, either way they will be happy once they get used to the idea and I'm sure your in laws will too, good luck! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->