Temp checking - any advise for a newbie at this please?

Flipperty

Reaction score
Hiya all

picked up a kit from boots - says it has a diary in it too....

I am going to go and read up a bit more but does anyone have any tips please?

I was advised to do it from the lady who is doing my acupuncture.

I am on day 21 of my cycle today, I think I should be between 30/32 days now (been messed up since on clomid/metformin, hope to settle back to normal approx 28 days when it's all out of my system and I'm off the tablets)

So, should I start temp checking tomorrow do you think?

Really appreciate any advice. :hugs::flower:

xx

I would start taking temp tomorrow, if for no other reason then it will get you into the habit of temping and charting :)

Some women get a temp dip just before AF shows, which is a good warning. Personally though my temp stays up until the day adter Af has shown her ugly face

Hi again...take a look at fertilityfriend.com; they have a quick 25 minute online course and it will help you, big time. You can also sign up for a free account and link your chart in your siggy...we love visuals around here.:haha:

You could totally start tomorrow with temping, but just don't analyze the temps too much bc there won't be much of a pattern, but it will get you in the habit for next cycle, when it really counts.:thumbup:

Hi again...take a look at fertilityfriend.com; they have a quick 25 minute online course and it will help you, big time. You can also sign up for a free account and link your chart in your siggy...we love visuals around here.:haha:

You could totally start tomorrow with temping, but just don't analyze the temps too much bc there won't be much of a pattern, but it will get you in the habit for next cycle, when it really counts.:thumbup:

I agree with the recommendation for fertility friend. And defo put a link to your chart in your signature, I love looking at people's charts.

You can either start temping tomorrow to get into the habit of it but it won't tell you much, or you could wait until next cycle to start if you prefer.

Ideally you are supposed to take your temperature at the same time each day when you wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed or moving around too much.

Good thinking P, I forgot to mention that!

Here is the most useful link ever, bc there will be a time, when you need to adjust your temp.

https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Dachsundmom, you told me this, too, and aside from my hormone issues this fall, it's completely become a habit, so I really appreciate it. I take my temperature, get up and make the coffee, etc., then I sit down and enter my temp into FF. The only day I've missed was the day after the d&c.

Flipperty, I think it's interesting, of course it's useful, and for me, it's also psychologically calming because I felt like I was doing something while I was waiting to get my cycles straightened out. I guess that if you start now, it will be a habit by the time you are back to normal.

Thank you all so much for your replies :flower:

:haha::haha: LOL at you all wanting me to add a chart to my siggy.... I'll look into that when I get some time lol xx :winkwink:

I will def go look at that site ( maybe tomorrow now) :thumbup:

Well, I took my temp this morning, as soon as I woke up,before doing anything at all. I am day 22 in my cycle and it was 36.68, I am hoping this would suggest I ovulated.... ( according to my ovulation tests I did ) They didn't ask me to go back for day 21 bloods at the hospital so I think that will stop now unless the GP sends me.

xx

Ahhhh, here's the one thing about temping...it's not so much a single temp, but a pattern of them, that you need to see. Without a chart history, it's hard to tell what the one temp means.

((but I totally hope it means you OV))

Ahhhh, here's the one thing about temping...it's not so much a single temp, but a pattern of them, that you need to see. Without a chart history, it's hard to tell what the one temp means.

((but I totally hope it means you OV))

Yeah I guessed as much - but I am doing my *very* positive thinking :winkwink:

I will continue tomorrow and see how we go :flower: xx

I have had a look on that site, but figured I may as well start charting next cycle ( then you get too see a chart added to my siggy :winkwink: lol )

I am on day 26 today ( before any of the clomid / metformin It would be last day of cycle 26/28th, since medication it's now somewhere around 30/32 days

I am still really quite high so hoping this means I ovulated ( I know I don't know what my temp would have been before having only started on day 21, but I am hopeful)

One thing I am not quite certain of is do i expect my temp to dip first day of period or before? If there is no dip in temp come day 32 and no period, would anyone recommend I take a pregnancy test, or keep waiting and temp checking?

Thanks all xxx:hugs:

Some women dip before AF, some the day of...just depends. I get two drops, usually, before AF starts.

I sometimes don't get a drop in temp until AF actually starts and sometimes it'll start to drop a day or two before, you'll have a good idea of how everything will work for you after you've temped a few cycles. I can do an odd temp now at different times in my cycle and know where I am if I'm not temping on a particular month. Its a great way to see how your cycles work and all that good stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->