Temp dip before AF

ajarvis

Reaction score
so VERY new to temping. Is there a "typical" day or "average" day that temp dip happens before AF? I can't go by my January chart since I still had retained tissue from miscarriage in there and January was my first time temping. I know everyone is different, but curious if there's an average DPO that the dip would happen before AF. Like I'm 8DPO so should I look for temp dip on day 14? (AF due 15 DPO)

Most women get a secondary estrogen surge, which does lower your temps, somewhere from 6-9 dpo. Mine is always on 7dpo, like clockwork.

If you've got a good strong follicle going on and/or you get your implantation, your temps will go back up (may or may not go even higher than before the dip). As long as your temps don't spend more than a single day below your cover line during your luteal phase, it's not a problem.

As for a pre-AF dip, you might see your temps dropping 1-2 days before AF shows, or your might not. Personally, my temps never drop below my cover line until about CD2 (2nd day of AF), but the morning AF is due my temp is almost always exactly 0.1 above my cover line.

So it needs to stay above .2 degrees higher than coverline to be pregnant and average may drop below that .2 1-2 days before AF? Then during AF of course go below coverline?

I'm not sure if there's a hard and fast rule for how far above the cover line it should be, but my temps are always at least 0.2 above until the morning of AF, then once AF is going and a new cycle is under way, I stay below (or sometimes at) the cover line until my next ovulation.

Here is my dec chart where AF showed, and my jan chart where I got my BFP :) everyone is different but hope this helps!! Fingers crossed for you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 11
This is january

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 10
wow. They're so different lol. I think I missed this month, but I'm interested to see what this and next month look like if I did. Thanks!

Yes SO different I ovulated late in January and had the stomach flu in the beginning but we still got lucky! Fingers crossed for you! I think as long as you stay above the cover line it's a good sign... In dec my temp dipped a few days before AF but I have read that for some ladies it dips the day of AF

If my body is being kind and giving me warning, usually it starts to drop off around 12DPO, or 2-3 days before AF starts (you can see that if you click my chart in my signature and look at all of them). But often it doesn't drop at all until my first heavy day of flow (CD2 usually). My top indicator that AF is coming within a couple days is that my breasts are no longer sore. My body is being difficult this month - temps are pretty low/no big rise and actually dropping early, AND my breasts stopped hurting completely at 8DPO which is usually when they have begun hurting and swelling the worst! I'm worrying AF is coming early and I want my cycles to stay predictable :\

Thanks ladies! Guess I'll just have to wait and see to find out what my body does ha. Cause this is month 2 temping. Last month I still had retained tissue and my temps after I figured that out were up and down and all over the place. This time I had one high day, but I think it was inflated by the wine the night before (noticed that in early Jan temps too) and then didn't temp for the next two days (weekend no way up at 5am ha) since then they're pretty consistent this week. AF is due in 5 days. Not much longer to wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->