Temp rise but not ovulating?

Vally34

Reaction score
Hello everybody, new member here. I'm hoping someone here has some knowledge or experience that can shed some light on what on earth is going on with my body 😭

I'll try and condense my story into the shortest form possible...

After years of normal regular cycles, hubby and I started trying for a baby in 2009. I got pregnant within a couple of months but mc'd a week later. My first af after mc arrived 6 weeks later and for the next few months my body seemed ok but gradually my afs got heavier and heavier until I was flooding for the first two days of each period and I started spotting a lot. At the worst point I was spotting for 6 days before my af and 9 days after. Long story short, we still weren't pregnant by September 2011 so GP did the initial infertility tests. All day 3 tests came back fine but the day 21/7dpo progesterone test came back borderline. I repeated the test again and it came back low but Dr was convinced it had been done on the wrong day of my cycle so sent me to do it again. It came back low again so he referred me to a local hospital for further testing. I then had to repeat the progesterone test again and I underwent a laparoscopy that concluded I had endometriosis in my uterus and on one ovary and a blocked tube. I was distraught. The consultant said that low progesterone is often a result of endometriosis and said that the best course of action was IVF. A few months later we underwent our first round of IVF which unfortunately failed. However, my afs went completely back to normal and two months later I conceived naturally which resulted in my beautiful dd.

We have now been ttc our second child for over a year now and I seem to have the same issues as before but worse. I have a lot of achy pain around my ovaries for 10 days before I ovulate and I have a lot of crampy pains in my pelvis and lower back from 2dpo until I get my af 10-11dpo. I start spotting from 8dpo. We have been to see a private Dr about our secondary infertility and he performed a laparoscopy which confirmed that I do NOT have endometriosis or a blocked tube. My uterus and tubes are completely healthy. The "endometriosis" on my ovary was actually a hemorrhagic cyst which has now been removed. This month I had my progesterone tested at 7dpo and 10dpo and I have just received the news that the "results are not indicative of ovulation". We're going to see the Dr in a few weeks so obviously I am driving myself mad after finding this out. I am so confused because I have so many aches and pains leading up to ovulation, I always get strong positive OPKs and then a temp rise the day after the second positive OPK. I also have regular 28-30 day cycles. The Dr also looked at my lining and he said it was perfect and ideal for implantation.

But the question remains how can I be ovulating if the test doesn't indicate ovulation? I am very concerned that the Dr will want to move onto clomid now that he believes I'm not ovulating but I am not entirely sure that this is my problem and seeing as we are now self-funding I don't want to waste huge amounts of money on the completely wrong treatment. Would clomid even actually increase progesterone levels in someone who is potentially ovulating on their own but unable to produce enough progesterone on their own? So confused, exhausted and fed up with this never ending worry. Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->