Temperature, off food, little sleepier - normal for a cold?

mumof1+1

Mommato#4beauties
Reaction score
Me, OH (although he doesn't live with us) and DS have got that horrible cold virus going around. I think LO has just started with it. She is just 4 months. She has had antibiotics for a cough that hasn't cleared up yet and started getting snuffly a couple of week ago which we all put down to the fact that the dr's claim the mucus in in her throat. She has been on lactose free milk for the last 4 days to clear up the imbalance the antibiotics left behind which seems to be working well but yesterday she started getting fussy with her bottles and is a bit snottier. Yesterday her temperature was 37 and today its gotten up to 37.8. I have been giving her calpol which seems to bring the temp down and although she is sleeping a little bit more it isnt yet excessive as it was with my son. If the temp thing doesn't settle I will be having her checked over as I did my son but whats concerning me is her milk intake, how little is not enough. She only usually has 4 bottles a day anyway, her first being an 8ox bottle and the other 3 are 7oz, Yesterday she had her 8oz, then 4oz, then 5oz then 7oz, today she has had her 8oz staggered, 7oz in 2 attempts and so far her tea bottle she has only taken 3oz. I think its too late to be trying to get her to take much more now as she won't feed after 9pm as such nor will she take milk through the night, she has slept through since 3 weeks old. She is also believed to be teething as she has cut one tooth and the one next to it is just sat under the gum...

At what stage do I worry about how much she takes or do I not worry as long as she has some and has wet nappies?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"