Temping for #2

xxemmyxx

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a gorgeous 6 month old boy. It took us 3 years to conceive him. But this was due to the fact that when I came off the pill (cerazette) my cycles were really long, 56+ days. It took me quite a while to figure out I wasn't ovulating at all. Had all the tests for PCOS and I don't have it. It was a hormonal thing. So I took the pill (combined) for 3 months. When I stopped the pill I had a normal 28 day cycle and the next month I was pregnant. Ended in mc at 6 weeks. And then my cycles were messed up again :dohh:!! Spent 12 long months trying different things to shorten my cycle and to O. My doctor was being mean and saying I shouldn't rely on the pill and I should loose weight, I was trying but you know how desperate I was to be pregnant again after mc! Finally the doctor let me have a progesterone only pill which I took for 21 days ad then it brings on a period. 4 weeks later I was pregnant with my rainbow baby :happydance:

So turns out I can ovulate by myself and achieve a pregnancy naturally but for some reason my body returns back to this hormonal imbalance after pregnancy where I'm having long annovulatory cycles!?

So I'm back. I want to start ttc number 2 in January 2015 when DS is 1. I got my first period post partum in march but then didnt get another for 56 days. But then thus cycle I got my period on cd41 which was a shock. So now I don't know what's going on! I still don't think I ovulated but I can't be sure. I never get on with opk's before as my body would gear up to O loads but never actually do it, so I had hundreds of opk's getting darker but never as dark as the control line!

So I think I need to start charting my temperature to see what's going on. I have never done it before. I started on cd1. I have also lost my pregnancy weight plus another stone to see if that helps. I am still overweight so am continuing the diet, I need to loose about 3 stone more to be considered normal bmi. If all else fails I still have a pack of the progesterone pills to regulate my cycle. I would quite like to get o the bottom of these long cycles though!

Anyone else have a similar experience with long annovulatory cycles?
Any tips on charting would be appreciated!
Anyone WTT January 2015 can be my buddy too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->