Temping

MummyKP

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

As some of you know, hoping to start TTC Christmas/new year, and have just started this months AF and thinking of starting to track my ovulation. I've bought some OPKs, but don't want to waste them when I don't have a clue when I ovulate ATM, so was thinking of starting temping. I know it's best to do it first thing when you wake up, but just wandering if you can tell me anything else about it? Do you find it helpful? Has it allowed you to track your ovulation? What sort of thermometer do I need?

I definitely recommend charting, it takes a couple of months to see a pattern but is well worth it and is no bother at all, it looks complicated but all you do is just stick thermometer in mouth for a min or two when you wake up and then record on fertility friend.

I'm a big data geek so I've been charting and using opks for a few months before ttc, i track cm too which is really useful particularly along with charting and opks as you can record everything on your chart and get a full picture. Download fertility friend if you're interested they give you a free charting tutorial! There's plenty of stuff online.

It helped me see how long my luteal phase is and what day i ovulate and after a few months you can see what your most fertile days will be.
You need a bbt thermometer, i got mine from amazon it was dead cheap!

the fertility friend app is a must, i got my BBT of ebay for about £1! then just record your temp in the morning as soon as you wake up
and as for wasting opks, it is worth using them every day from about cd9 even for your first cycle as they are an easy ovulation sign! i just pee on them every night only takes 2 mins and i bought mine on ebay i think they were 50 for less than a fiver

I downloaded FF a few weeks ago but yet to use it lol must get my head around all of this! I'm torn ATM - half of me thinks just see how things go when we start TTC without interfering and charting, then start it all if nothing happens in first three months, or starting now and stressing over it when we do TTC. More inclined to see how things go as they are.

Do you think I should start using them cd9 callmedan for a week? I've bought a week pack for now which cost £10 so don't want to go using them whenever haha and then needing more

I'm torn ATM - half of me thinks just see how things go when we start TTC without interfering and charting, then start it all if nothing happens in first three months, or starting now and stressing over it when we do TTC. More inclined to see how things go as they are.

I was in this boat too. I wanted to just let things go until the six month mark, and at that time I'll start using opks and such. But for now, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to start temping just so that I can have good charting down and have a good idea of how my body is working for when we reach that point (hopefully it'll be unnecessary, though!)

Plus I'm a worrier and a tinkerer, I can't leave things well enough alone.

Prettybirdy27 I'm a worrier too! Where did you get your thermometer from? I think I might order one online and just start doing that, just so I have an idea! I guess there's no harm in it then. We are TTC in the new year (fingers crossed) and I'm really hoping it won't take long.....!! Hope you get your BFP soon

I just started temping this past month as I have suspected I ovulate around CD 20 based on CM. If I were to start TTC and aiming for the 'average' fertile window I would probably miss mine completely! I plan to start TTC in February and like others would like to avoid being too technical about it but I figure if I can identify a pattern before we start then I'll at least know roughly when to focus our efforts haha.

As far as charting goes I also recommend fertility friend. I've read varying info on whether it's more important to take temp at the same time every day or after the same amount of sleep everyday. This past month I was temping at the same time everyday but my temps seemed to be a bit erratic anyways. All part of learning though I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->