Temps got strange after AC went on...

KateC14

Reaction score
Background: We've been trying over a year now and so far, one miscarriage (February). I've been temping and OPK'ing since last November (we wanted to try a couple months on our own as well as I was traveling a bit). I have a very regular 27 day cycle and the temps are usually fairly easy to follow (i.e. temp rise after ovulation, most months get a positive on the OPK and occasionally the flashy smile). For this cycle, AF is due Friday and I have been crampy :( . Now the reason for the post...

My temps looked really good (i.e. stayed high and did a dip at 7 DPO). Thing is, they have stayed low since then. I take my temp right after I wake up, generally at 4:30AM. From what I have seen in past charts, I usually have 98+ days until the day AF shows up (and then it drops to a sub 98 temp). This month, since the temp dip ~ 7 DPO, it has hovered at just below 98. Weird thing is that if I take a temp, say an hour after I am awake, it is almost 1 degree higher. In past months, I've done this just for comparison sake (I'm an engineer, I can't help taking data lol) and the temps have been very close to my waking temp. I know then second temps mean nothing, but it seems something changed this month.

My question to the group is, what can cause temp drops like I have been seeing since 7 DPO? I admit I got my hopes up when I saw the temp dip and my girls were tender and my husband said they look bigger than usual (on his own, no prodding haha) when I was ~7 DPO. At this point, with the temps staying low and cramping, i am bracing myself for another unsuccessful cycle. It gets tougher and tougher to keep trying when everyone around you is expecting but you. But I figure I have a ton of prenatal vitamins left, so we keep pressing forward. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->