Tens Machine

so much to think about!

so whats the difference with the different versions as you seem to be able to spend as little as £20 (tescos) or upwards of £50!

I dont like spending out a fortune if its not worth it but then dont want something thats rubbish on the day

I highly recommend TENS- I got the mothercare one. I had back labour and I found it indispensable....used it till I was 8cm dilated! And I kept it on a fairly low setting. You have to start using it straight away though, so the endorphind build!

Buttefly you will probably want a specific labour one (I think the normal ones actually say they aren't suitable for labour, although it could be a marketing ploy to get you to but their labour one!) But the main difference, from what I have read is that the labour specific ones have a boost button. So you wear it and when you feel a contraction you press the boost and then once its over you go back to the normal setting.

Blue-kat I think the cheaper ones you mention (£20ish) are probably not labour ones. As with everything as soon as you mention pregnancy they kike the prices up! When I was looking I dont think I saw a new labour specific one for less than £50.

I have read really good reviews on most of the brands, but particularly the babycare range. I have the Femme one (no idea how effective it is though as I haven't used it yet!) which seems to be the non-digital version of the Elle one, which is about £30 dearer!

TENS was something I really hadn't thought of until about a week ago so unsuprisngly I was in a rush to get one sorted as I read so many good reviews about them! I am shocked that sods law didnt prevail and I went into labour before the tens arrived!

xx

I have only used the Boots one as I ordered it first time round and found it great and really easy to use, I wish now that I had bought it first time as I have spent about £100 hiring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->