TENS Machine

ozysanj

Reaction score
Is it really necessary or does it really work?
Any ideas

I loved it!!! I wouldn't be without a TENS. It was bliss and definitely kept the pain a tbay for quite some time

Had a right laugh when in labour with dd1, not sure if it helped with early labour but made me laugh alot when electrocuting myself when each contraction came, definitely a distraction.
But honestly I didnt really know how to use it or what to do, I wish I had because I have read birth stories where women have used them during most of labour.

I didn't like it at all it was such an annoying feeling

My DDwas back to back.. I didn't bother hiring a tens but was given one in hospital. It helped so much with the back pain of posterior labour. Wish I'd have gotten one for home!

It was brilliant for me. I'll definitely have one next time until I get into the water. I bought mine from Lloyd's Pharmacy, and it was very cheap. I'm having back pain at the moment and am tempted to put it on!

Never used it first time around, but looking into it, seems quite good!
Doesnt cost much to hire one for a few weeks .. so defo will be looking into getting one with second time round labour ! x

I haven't used one but know a lady over here who hired one and loved it so I'm thinking about hiring one.

I had one and it didn't do anything for me except make me laugh when i electrocuted my oh. :haha:

Further to my last post, I am going to use mine for my back pain, but I need new pads. In looking on Lloyd's website, the TENS itself and replacement pads are half price (actually, all TENS stuff)! Great bargain!

I would definately recommend a TENS. I was induced with my first child and it was a life saver. Used it last time too and intend on hiring one for my third. x

I am still a bit undecided about my experience. I have only had one baby so I don't know what the pain would have felt like without it!! I did find the shocks annoying at times but I stuck with it.

It was a nightmare to find one too which didn't help!!! lol

def recommend! got me to 7cm with no other pain relief and i actually felt like a fraud calling myself 'in labour' until 6cm! completely numbed my back to the touch. Did have back labour though as DS came out back to back naughty boy :dohh: xx

I think if your pain in is your back at all they really help but tbh I wouldn't bother hiring one it is almost same price to buy one, people are always selling them on eBay too!

i have one and love it when not pregnant i use it for my back pain too its wonderful , i dont think i would have made it through ds1's labor without it

Couldnt recommend it more. It got me through almost 30 hours of contractions at home! I doubt I would have lasted without it.

I used one with #1 at the start of labour and although i dont think it helped with the pain much it provided a good distraction so i was able to concentrate on something other than the pain

My baby was back to back and I don't know what I would've done without my TENs machine. I was in slow labour so used it constantly for two days. It is right what they say though, you have to start using it at the very start of you labour so that you can build up the level you need.

I wasn't sue about hiring one, but was so glad I did. I'd defo get one again next time! :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->