TENS machines? Need advice please x

elm

Mama
Reaction score
Hello! Hope you don't mind me popping in for a bit of advice. I was just wondering if you could recommend a TENS machine (or against getting any makes?) - I asked over in the pregnancy club but though you might be able to help over here?

I've decided to buy instead of hire one and want one with a boost function so I can feel in control of something at least!!!

Thanks everyone xxx

I don't know where you can rent them from, but it might be worth checking if your hospital offer them. I didn't think about it until I went for a tour and was told that I can get one from them.

I got one from the community midwives so it's worth asking.

I bought mine off someone one here and I've sold it to another member! It was a LadyTENS and it was really good - they're not expensive to buy new.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Body-Clock-Lady-TENS-obstetric/dp/B000A1QKGC

i hired mine from mothercare, never found it to help, but tbh, i no loads of others who have found it too help. certainly worth a go :) x

Thanks - I know that the hospital don't have them, will check if my midwife has any / any advice next week.

There are so many out there to chose from and I didn't know where to start.

That's a great link Mervs Mum, thank you - definitely considering a used one, they look really good :happydance:

xxx

A friend recommended the Boots tens machine - She rented hers! I have no other advice because I didn't get one in the end. x

https://www.bootsmaternityrentalproducts.co.uk/

I never used one but I had it recommended to me strongly by two friends.

After having Jasper I have a better understanding of what contractions feel like, so I think if your wanting to go natural no drugs I think a tens machine sounds like a good idea, just to take the edge off the lower back pains.

... personally though.... I recommend gas, I had a fabulous experience with gas. Okay... it wasn't really fabulous, but it made a MASSIVE difference for me, it took the pain from utterly unbearable to something I could really handle, and also, it felt great to be in control of something, I wouldn't let anyone TOUCH the gas mask, because I think I got relief from having to focus on and sort of time my contractions and then breathing deeply on the gas... I got that feeling of control over my pain relief and my contractions.

i rented mine from the internet but put it on far too late so didnt help one bit!

Thanks - definitely getting one it's just which one to go with! Think I'll go with the one Mervs Mum recommended if my midwife doesn't have one. Just spotted there are loads of other threads like this one to read through!!

x

Hi, I rented mine from boots (you can buy them there aswell) and I thought it was really good. I used it right from the start and till the end, but when I got to 6cm I had gas aswell which was brilliant. Hope it goes well. xx

My labour was like 48 hours and 20 mins if I remember right, and my tens is how I coped through the first day and a half. I strongly recommend it. I hired the Elle tens one, which I was told was the best? I cant remember the website I hired it from, but it worked out at like £22 odds and you got it for 6 weeks along with spare pads and gels etc

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->