TENs machines recommendation?

irish_cob

Reaction score
I'm looking into hiring a maternity TENs machine for my home birth and there seem to be about 4 different models to choose from to hire. I can't really work out what the difference is. Does anyone have any helpful advice?

The ones which seem to come up are the Obi tens, the Femme tens, the Elle tens and the Mama tens.

Any advice appreciated :flower:

Hi I'm from Leeds too! I don't have any advice but I'm toying with the idea of tens too so will be stalking for future reference. Xx

I used Elle tens with Hebe and it was really good in early labour :)

I'm probably been stupid but does it only really help if pains are in your back? I need tens education I think ha ha. X

No I believe it works by building endorphins. Just that the pads are on your back :)

Are right yeh I want some of them endorphines lol. Been induced last time kind of stopped that happening. I'll be hiring one later on in pregnancy then. Xx

I got a refurbished one, and it was great. I don't think the model is the key issue, but extra spare batteries was really important, and start using it really early on; don't wait until you think you really need it!

I'm not sure on the difference of those particular ones, but when I've looked at them in the past the main differences I've found are the amount of pads - some have 2, some 4, a booster botton, some have it, some dont.. it kinda boosts the power for s hort period when you press it - handy for the peak of contractions! and the amount of intensity settings can vary!

I've heard good things about this one! https://www.tens.co.uk/acatalog/Obstetric_TeNS_Hire.html?gclid=CPDjs8fO_6oCFYEKfAodTAjs0A

I had a TENS machine when I had my first, but I never used it! By the time DH arrived at the hosp with all my stuff it was a bit late to start, and with my second baby I relied just on water.... Would probably give it a whirl next time tho :)

Madasa - that link just takes me to a page which lists all the usual suspects (Elle, Mama and Mamamytime) - which one did you mean? The mytime?

JuBubs - from what I can tell, all those 4 have 4 pads, they all have boost buttons, they all operate over the same range and frequency. Hence my confusion. I will check about the different intensity settings though.

I think the Mamamytime has fancier things like contraction timers, but I think the actual TENs bit is the same, and I don't think I need a TENs machine which records my contractions, thank you very much, honestly, will the washing machine be ordering takeaway next? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->