Tens Machines

MidnightSun

Reaction score
Are they really worth investing in? I am planning a hypno water birth, but just incase I don't want to go anywhere near the water I thought that one of these might be a good idea.

Do they help at all? x

Like everything, they work well for some people and not for others. I used mine with my birth centre dry land labour for the first few hours and didnt feel I needed it with my home hypnobirth. I couldnt have got in the pool with it either!

I wouldn't have been without mine last time! So much so that the thought of taking it off to go into a pool puts me off having a water birth! Lol :haha:

That sucks that you have to buy your own. Here the midwives carry their own to the births they go to.

I'm also planning a hypno water birth, and have bought a TENS machine. The way I see it, I want to have as many options as possible so that if I get disheartened during labour there's always another thing to try.

That's exactly what my plan is Hippie :thumbup:

I might hire one but there seems to be quite a few different ones on the market! :shrug:

I'm hoping for a hypno water birth but also wouldn't mind a tens as an option. I posted in the baby section for recommendations and a lot of people recommended the Elle Tens machine so I'm going to rent one of these from Boots.

I used the tens machine before I got to the hospital and into the pool. I found it really helped in the early stages because instead of the pain I focussed on when to push the button, so maybe a placebo effect. I am using one again this time even though I plan to have a pool birth at home because I think it is useful in the early stages before you get into pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->