TENS machines

milosmum

Reaction score
Sorry ladies - I hope this is in the right section!

I am planning to deliver in the local midwife lead unit using minimal intervention and medication. They have a brand new water birth pool (which I want to try already) and I have started a hynobirthing MP3 and online course. However I would still like to consider using a TENS machine at home prior to going in the pool and wondered if you ladies had any recommendations as to which model and where to hire them from? There are so many options on the internet/ baby catalogues and so wanted some recommendations.

Sorry if this is the wrong section feel free to suggest where else I should post it if I am wrong.

Many thanks x

I didn't use it myself but the Lloyds pharmacy obstetric tens has good reviews and is as cheap to buy as to hire. Many Are auctioned on ebay and if I ever do it again I'll be getting that one.

When I asked the same question a few weeks ago most people recommended the Elle BabyCare tens machine. If you do a search on here you will find a few threads about it.

I bought mine last week from Lloyds Pharmacy and it was on half price, still is :) and at £35 I found it to be cheaper to buy than rent.

https://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/babycare-tens-elle-digital-tens-machine-35933

Sarah xxx

I rented mine from birthease, wished I'd taken the option to buy one now as I would have used it for post natal. Definitely recommend buy vs rent. The lloyds pharmacy looks like a very good deal

Thanks ladies - looks like buying might be the way forwards - off to LLoyds!

I decided to get one of these based on the recommendation of our nct teacher. I found them half price at lloyds as well (70 reduced to 35) but they have sold out online and seem to be sold out in lots of lloyds pharmacies - I had to call 3 before I found one and even then I bought their last one! So if you do want one probs best to ring round first before going to Lloyds!

yeah can't find one anywhere think i need to do some phone calls and see if i can find one in stock!

If you can't get one from lloyds, I'd recommend Birthease to buy or rent, very pleased when I used them and it was really hassle free. I rented the Elle - £54 buy, £23.50 for 7 week rental, it was great.

boots rent out tens machines too their own brand and the mama tens

Lloyds pharmacy have stopped doing them as I had to get new pads online for my SIL to borrow...so they may still have them in their online shop.

Mine was £30 18 months ago and was amazing. The pulsing inbetween contractions irritated me as it just felt like someone flicking my back, so I had to turn it down. But the booster button during a strong contractions was brilliant and it's all I used for my whole labour so yeah, I would highly recommend. I don't think it really matters where it comes from or what brand. As long as it is a labour tens with the large pads, it will do the job. x

I'll admit that my TENS didn't do a thing for me... however if you roll a ball between your palms when contracting it acts as the bodies natural tens machine (I'm an antenatal teacher now... so much stuff I know now which I wish I had known then!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->