Terrible cramping at 4w2d-IBS constipation? Help!

cl59

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry for long post - please read!

I just got my first ever BFP on Sunday! Very excited and a big surprise because I had period cramps all day Friday and Saturday. They continued on Sunday, getting gradually more intense. Yesterday they got really, really bad and at one point I was doubled over in pain. I went to see my doctor who said that as long as I have no bleeding (I don't) then that's a good sign, and I'm going for a blood test today to check my hcg levels. She said there's no point scanning me as too early to see anything.

The thing is, I have IBS (constipation not diarrhoea) and the pain seems to be connected to (sorry tmi) bowel movement and passing wind. It's not like it passes straight after, but it definitely gets worse around that time. The pain is like an almost constant dull ache low down in my belly and across my lower back. Then on and off intense cramps for approx 10-20 mins, with occasional very intense sharp shooting pains.

Any ideas? Does anyone have IBS and experienced something similar? I'm a bit worried and also in a lot of discomfort :cry:

Yes I have ibs and my tummy hurts all the time, iv been taking lactose when I cant go and it seems to work well. Not much advice apart from putting a warm water bottle on your tummy to ease it and keep eye on the food you eat as some of the food that didn't irritate me before now irritate me. HH 9 months

Sorry to hear your tummy hurts too. Thanks for the advice-will watch my food and see if I can work out what aggravates it. Just such early days I've got my fx that it won't be like this for the whole time! HH nine months to you too

I have ibs-C to and I've found it hard to know what's pregnancy and what's ibs, I get bad cramps getting worse until I have a bm then improving but I guess I'm just learning what is normal for me.I think I can tell what's in my gut v what's in my uterus but it's tricky

Hi!
I have BAD constipation and nauseating pain when I was 4-5 weeks. I found that incorporating green smoothies in the AM (fresh fruit and veggies ) really helped....good luck!

I definitely had the same thing shortly after I got my :bfp: and it only recently went away within the past week. I too was doubled over in pain at times, explosive diarrhea, gas, cramps... I was really worried. My partner thought I may have developed a lactose intolerance (like him) but I refused to give up dairy. I thought perhaps all the hormones had my sphincter in overdive :rofl: Finally, it just went away and I have been pooing and rippin' @$$ normally :thumbup:

Thank you for all your replies! Sorry to hear you have suffered too but it's reassuring. I'm going to have a good look at my diet and get a prenatal without iron, and try my best to keep my anxiety down (that is what triggers most of my ibs!)

Thank you for all your replies! Sorry to hear you have suffered too but it's reassuring. I'm going to have a good look at my diet and get a prenatal without iron, and try my best to keep my anxiety down (that is what triggers most of my ibs!)

Good luck! :)

The cramping and diarrhea went away for a few days but returned last night and today :growlmad: I have been Googling pregnancy IBS. I suppose I'll take it over vomiting my head off... but it's slightly more embarrassing when I'm in the office bathroom at work emitting loud sounds of a wet trumpet :sick: :rofl: Hope this isn't something that lasts throughout my pregnancy [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->