Terrified after yesterday's appointment

Hotbump

SAHM, student, & wife :)
Reaction score
I went to the hospital on May 22nd because I couldn't keep anything down, I was told I was about 3/4 weeks pregnant. My hcg levels were at 225-ish then I was referred to an ob where they took blood two days after my first blood work and it went up to 627-ish. It almost tripled in 48 hours!
After that the ob wanted to take more blood work and at my recent visit (yesterday) they decided to do an ultrasound because of the way my levels were rising, they thought it was an ectopic pregnancy. They did an ultrasound that put me at 6 weeks 1 day, so no ectopic, and they saw some clustered cysts on one of my ovaries. The dr said it could either be a healthy pregnancy or a molar pregnancy. When I heard molar pregnancy my heart sank and then panic started to sink in. All they saw was a sac and what maybe might be a fetal pole forming. I go back on the 17th, but I'm absolutely terrified and can't stop crying. The chances of having a molar pregnancy are 1 in 1500 and I might be that 1 in 1500 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear :( hope it is a viable pregnancy for you

Hope everything turns out ok for you. :hugs:

I am so sorry. I hope it all works out for you and the days fly by until the 17th. xoxo

I had exactly the same; when I was pregnant for the first time I went for an internal scan and they said they couldn't see anything so was sent home as pregnancy of an unknown location. They also found cysts which turned out to be nothing. They said they didn't know where the baby was growing and that they couldn't tell me if the pregnancy would be viable and to wait two weeks to see what they could see then. My levels did rise but I was told this didn't mean everything was OK!

I now have a 3.5 year old daughter.

Please don't worry, chances are everything is ok it's just the hospital have to give a what if scenario so they've braved you for every eventuality. It may be that you're too early to see anything, which is the same as what happened for me.

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->