Terrified and can’t believe it’s finally happening...

Robynxo

Finally there! Due in July 2019!
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

So I’ve known I had fertility issues for quite some time. After three years of NTNP, it hit me that I may be dealing with fertility issues. Then I did active TTC for a year, up until my younger sister gave birth and it made me jealous and sad and happy all at the same time. Shortly after I quit trying again and just went to NTNP, fully expecting nothing to happen and to just plan my life without kids until such a time came where I could go do fertility testing.

Well that all changed yesterday when I randomly took a HPT (I don’t even know why, I was having less “symptoms” than in previous cycles of charting) and I get a lovely dark line on FRER. Cue a complete freak out, dream like state. It doesn’t feel real. It still doesn’t. I have some cramps that randomly appear and very little breast tenderness but nothing out of the norm. I just don’t feel pregnant and keep thinking it’s all fake or will be short lived. I don’t know why I can’t wrap my head around it. I just keep expecting something to go wrong because after so long I can’t really believe that I can have children.

I’m just so scared that it’s all going to just disappear. No real question really, I guess I just would love to hear your stories for reassurance.

omg.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!! Lovely dark line! How far along do you think you are? Xx

Congratulations!! Lovely dark line! How far along do you think you are? Xx

Thinking 4 weeks, 5 days because of my long cycles. The line is fainter on other brand tests. But it could be anyone's guess really.

Lovely news, congratulations wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!

Lovely lines I was symptomless until the morning sickness kicked in around 7 weeks. I too was very crampy. Relax. Breath. Your going to be a mama. Xx

Congratulations !!

I didn’t have any symptoms at all with DD1 up until third trimester then bad heartburn hit. Other than that just had a bump ! Wishing you the best of luck !

Thank you all! Just completely in denial!

I completely understand. We had been actively TTC for almost 2 years. And at the start of my last cycle, I went to the doctor to start the fertility testing, etc.

Fast forward to the end of cycle (about 2 weeks ago now), and I didn’t waste any $ on early testing before missed period. And then it didn’t come. I was on a cruise, and they didn’t have any tests on the ship, so waited until we got home about 4 days past due date for my period and it still hadn’t come. I’m so regular it is ridiculous. 27 days and about 16 hours... no joke.
Took the test. There was a line. Now I’m just in disbelief and waiting and waiting for my doctor appointment. I definitely understand the feeling of thinking maybe it is just a fluke because I’ve had so many misses.

But, congrats! Sounds like 2019 will be a good year!

Soak it up, it's real! Congrats \\:D/
I got a BFP on Monday at 10dpo and am trying not to flip out over it. Me and DH have been TTC for a year and, after a MC this summer at 13 weeks, I had resigned myself to the long haul. Though we were actively TTC, my expectations were low and this came as a total surprise. I am down right terrified but also full of excitement and joy. I'm sure you know the feeling :wacko: I don't have much in the way of symptoms either except being perpetually thirsty and tired. None of the classics like nausea or booby pain. I kind of wish I did, then I would at least "feel" more pregnant so I totally get what you mean. I've been obsessively testing since then to kind of check-in on the little one. It makes me look crazy to have taken 6 positive tests in 3 days, but....so be it :shrug: My advice would be to do what you can to ease the anxiety, but remember the ultimately the worrying doesn't help anything. So much with pregnancy is out of our hands. So do what you can do and relax about the rest. Try to enjoy the ride!

I completely understand. We had been actively TTC for almost 2 years. And at the start of my last cycle, I went to the doctor to start the fertility testing, etc.

Fast forward to the end of cycle (about 2 weeks ago now), and I didn’t waste any $ on early testing before missed period. And then it didn’t come. I was on a cruise, and they didn’t have any tests on the ship, so waited until we got home about 4 days past due date for my period and it still hadn’t come. I’m so regular it is ridiculous. 27 days and about 16 hours... no joke.
Took the test. There was a line. Now I’m just in disbelief and waiting and waiting for my doctor appointment. I definitely understand the feeling of thinking maybe it is just a fluke because I’ve had so many misses.

But, congrats! Sounds like 2019 will be a good year!

Congratulations on your little one!!!

Congrats Hakele and Weebabymama! What wonderful outcomes, though I’m sorry for your loss WeeBabyMama. I’m happy for you both though. It’s crazy how long you can wish for it and study it and plan, and when it finally comes, you don’t know what to do with yourself.

Congrats Hakele and Weebabymama! What wonderful outcomes, though I’m sorry for your loss WeeBabyMama. I’m happy for you both though. It’s crazy how long you can wish for it and study it and plan, and when it finally comes, you don’t know what to do with yourself.

The craziest. So exciting. I guess we are in this crazy period of disbelief together! I will pray for you both and your nuggets.

Congratulations that's a lovely dark line. There's always that disbelief for a couple of weeks. For me I started feeling sick around 6 or 7 weeks and that kind of made it sink in. It will start to sink in soon xx

Congrats mama!! I got a miracle BFP myself. After 12 years and 10 losses. It is a huge shock and u cant quite explain the ups and downs of feelings! Crampy is totally normal. I was a basket case for most of my 1st trimester. Once u start seeing bub on scans it all kicks in. Ill be honest i really truly fell in love with our bumblebee and accepted THIS IS HAPPENING after our 21 week anatomy scan. Waddling along now and so in love with her kicks. Best of luck and as much as you are going to be super stressed, try enjoy each moment. Ps. Do bumpies and write in a journal. It helps loads!!

Hi ladies.

So I’ve known I had fertility issues for quite some time. After three years of NTNP, it hit me that I may be dealing with fertility issues. Then I did active TTC for a year, up until my younger sister gave birth and it made me jealous and sad and happy all at the same time. Shortly after I quit trying again and just went to NTNP, fully expecting nothing to happen and to just plan my life without kids until such a time came where I could go do fertility testing.

Well that all changed yesterday when I randomly took a HPT (I don’t even know why, I was having less “symptoms” than in previous cycles of charting) and I get a lovely dark line on FRER. Cue a complete freak out, dream like state. It doesn’t feel real. It still doesn’t. I have some cramps that randomly appear and very little breast tenderness but nothing out of the norm. I just don’t feel pregnant and keep thinking it’s all fake or will be short lived. I don’t know why I can’t wrap my head around it. I just keep expecting something to go wrong because after so long I can’t really believe that I can have children.

I’m just so scared that it’s all going to just disappear. No real question really, I guess I just would love to hear your stories for reassurance.

View attachment 1048673
Congratulations dear,
I know how it feels. Congrats. Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Thank you all! You are so sweet, and I thank all of you and this forum for being so supportive and informational. I've posted occasionally throughout my TTC journey and I've always gotten relief and good conversations with the members here, so thank you again. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->