Terrified to have another MC

tddunn

Reaction score
So i have had 1 MC only 2 months ago, but DH and I fell pregnant again after only 2 more tries. We were very lucky, and this time I found out at 8 dpo I was pregnant. At 10 dpo I had a hcg of 20.25, at 14 dpo I had an hcg of 306, and at 16 dpo I had an hcg of 1,200. My progesterone was 27 at 14 dpo, and 24 at 16 dpo. The doctor has said my numbers were beautiful, and not to worry, and to just rest. I have had no bleeding, slight cramping, but nothing bad. I nap frequently and I am on a vacation from work till my ultrasound at 6wks and 3 days when we should see the heartbeat. I am just so scared to have another MC. Everything seems to be going great but that fear is always in the back of my mind. :wacko: I have used doctor reccomended natural progesterone cream, and been eating pretty healthy. Ive been taking midwife recommended chasteberry to prevent miscarriage from low progesterone, and taking b6 and my gummy prenatel vitamins everyday. I know Im doing everything possible. My husband said we have no reason to worry but I have banned him from telling any of his family we are pregnant until we see the heartbeat. I want to be optimistic and have even made a few things for the baby nursery, but Im still scared. Is there anybody out there that can give me some positive insight and things to think about.

Very normal reaction and nothing I can say will put your mind at rest, but do try and relax. You cannot do anything more, and chances are all WILL be fine. Hugs xxxx

Same here, tddun! I got pregnant in August and miscarried early September (second miscarriage in a row that I know of) and now here I am pregnant again. I started spotting Monday and completely lost it on the phone with my doctors office thinking I was miscarrying again. EVEN THOUGH my numbers went up like they were supposed to I still freaked out.

It is in the back of my mind that it could happen again, but I'm doing my best to stay positive. It's not an easy thing to do sometimes, especially since I'm only 5 weeks along. I keep thinking that I still have so long to go before I'm in the "safe zone."

But like Eternal said, the only thing you can do is try and relax. Easier said than done, but despite that niggling voice in the back of my head saying "IT COULD HAPPEN AGAIN" I have a feeling that this one is here to stay.

Good luck to you! I will be thinking positive thoughts for you :) :hugs:

I have the feeling that this one is going to be ok too! I just want to see that heartbeat. Im sorry you had bleeding but glad the tests came back good. I havent had any bleeding and I am 4 wks and 5 days. I have an ultrasound in a week in a half to see the heartbeat. I just cant wait to see that heartbeat because I know that the chance of MC goes down. I wish time would go by a little faster lol

I totally understand your ladies concerns this early in the game and I am 6 1/2 weeks currently. I had 4 scans (because of ectopic history) leading up to the scan finally confirming a healthy pregnancy earlier this week and thought I was going to go mad! I hear if you make it to week 9 with a confirmed heartbeat the chance of miscarraige goes WAY down! From the miscarraige Statistics website-

After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks

Here's to healthy heartbeats at 9 weeks! :baby:

Im glad Im not alone in this. My husband is so certain that everything will be ok this time. I know this may sound weird but with the last pregnancy I always felt like something just wasnt right, but with this one, from the beginning my hcg rose great and i feel a bit more at peace and confident with this one. I have had a couple moments of nausea, some round ligament pain, and my lower back/hips keep hurting. Last time all i had was constant bloating and horrible stabbing cramps. Soooooo different than this. Apparently my hcg never even got this high before, and the baby had some sort of issue from the very beginning. I'm just so glad that God has blessed my husband and I again with another baby, and hopefully this time a healthy and happy little one. I don't know why God wanted us to go through what we did before, but I am doing my best to take something good from it, and I believe that this will make us love the baby we eventually have even more.

I'm still worried about miscarrying or stillbirth etc and I had 1 miscarriage at 8 weeks last year! I've also had my son way before that, but never worried about anything like this with him. I have literally brought nothing really for that baby minus an outfit for OH's birthday which says My daddy loves me on it, in case she will die. I think I'll get to about 35 weeks and just buy everything! The thing is with DS I had no symptoms, so I wasn't worried when I had nothing during my miscarriage and had a one of bleed at 6 weeks with him, so wasn't worried when the bleeding started, but got checked out and baby was behind, so knew it would end badly. This time I had MS (just nausea as I've never been sick) before I got a BFP, tired more, back ache etc etc and I still feel scared. It doesn't help I've had random clotting and bleeding until 14 weeks due to a corrosive cervix, but was very grateful for all the extra scans I got. I just know I won't be able to rest until she is in my arms. I know my story is probably not what you want to hear, and some do relax after 12 weeks. Some don't, but this worrying now, is just preparing you for what motherhood really is, when you worry 24/7 about your child even though they are perfectly safe!

well, just remember, my doctor said that having pregnancy symptoms isnt always a bad thing. It shows that your hormones are doing their job. I guess thats why Im actually relieved to have symptoms this time. By 22 weeks im sure you will have a great pregnancy. Your on the home stretch now!!!! I feel like right now things are happening so fast, yet not fast enough lol

I know how terrifying pregnancy is after loss. the best advice I can give you is to communicate your feas to your MD. He/She can most often explain away your scarier symptoms.
Wishing you and your little one health and happiness

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->