Terrified

fluffyone

Reaction score
Got my positive test this morning (yeah) although i am petrified.
I had a 13wk miscarriage in june 2013 due to an infection called pseudamonas, this was found in my baby during post mortem which suggested the infection was in my womb.
DR swabbed me in october and no bacteria/infection was found apart from bv she prescribed a 5 day course of antibiotic and told me to use BV gel which restores vaginal ph balance and can be bought in supermarkets.
ssooo i have to be swabbed on monday for signs of infection but is that not dangerous? when pregnant surely they cant swab INSIDE the uterus,anyone else had a womb infection and continued on to have a healthy baby after?

This sounds scary, I'm sorry I don't have any experience but I doubt they'll swab inside your uterus just inside the vagina on the cervix?
I'm sure your doctor will tell you exactly what will happen and any risk.
Xx

They would have to tell you if they're doing something that puts your baby at risk, I don't think they'd swab inside (I thought it actually closes once pregnant). Anyway, with discharge coming out you'd think a swab on the exterior will suffice. If there's bacteria inside it'd leak outside too and show up in test.

My doc always requires a pap once pregnant through IVF to ensure the clinic doesn't give me anything. It's harmless and preventative. Good for baby & mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->