Terry Nappies

Jetters

Reaction score
Hello wise women!

I am keen to try reusables with my baby, and love the look of all of the nappies on here but they are often so expensive- and I just don't have the money for the initial outlay.

However, I found a terry nappy starter kit from Mothercare that is only £35. I've looked on youtube and the folding doesn't seem too difficult.

Does anyone here use terrys?
Are they good for leakages etc, or am I better off saving up for prefolds?
Do you use them at night?
What are your favourite wraps- and do you prefer sized or birth to potty?

All help and advice HUGELY appreciated.
xx

:waves: i use terrys as well as my others (i like the simplicity and like to use them without a wrap to get air to her booty a little bit!)

they are great, and once you get used to the folds etc you're away!!!

i would stay clear of mothercare starter kit tho....i bought a set of waterproof pants from there ( the smallest set) and they were MASSIVE!!! would probably only fit my LO now (she's 17 lb and 7 months!!) also cotton terry's arent that absorbent....have a look around on the net....i'm sure you can get bamboo terry's which are loads more absorbent and should stay softer :)

I would also recommend buying some fitted night nappies....IMO terry's wouldnt do a full night unless your LO didnt ee at all:dohh: take a look at a pop in with nighttime booster...they are about £15 or so to by (excluding the night booster) but you could probs get away with only buying 3-4 ish :shrug:

As for Wraps(the waterproof bit) i would deffo recomend the Motherease wraps .... they fit realy well and wash well too :)

if you would consider it try www.clothnappytree.com there is a preloved section where you might be able to pick yourself up a few bargains ..... hope that helps hun

sara

xxxxxx

Sorry to jump in on your thread but if you do want to try out a pop-in or two, I have four for sale :) I'm asking £8 each, including postage. I'll combine postage and pass on any saving.

I've not tried terries but I really want to cos they just look so adorable and simple! Don't forget that you don't have to buy them all in one go. Plenty of people just start off with a few nappies and use them whenever they're dry, then gradually add to their stash. That way, you can check you're choosing the right nappies for your LO too. If you check out the Cloth Swap & Sell thread, I think Bekkiboo is selling some terries on page 112. They might have gone by now but worth a look!

I was also looking at the mothercare starter kit as most of the other types are of nappy are so expensive.

How many cloth nappies do you need for a newborn?

Blimey this is an old thread!

as terries aren't the most absorbent of nappies and you will probably do frequent changes in the early days too i would suggest two dozen this would then allow for a wash everyday but still have some for wearing.

you could look at preloved wraps as the cheap plastic pants aren't a good fit and they can be mahoosive.
Cloth nappy tree have a classifieds section where they sell wraps and nappies or you could do what a few of the other ladies have one recently and put a wanted out on freecycle if your struggling for money.

I saw some for a fair bit cheaper than that, as well. I think it was on Babykind, perhaps?

We use Terry's intermittantly, and I quite like them. I get a massive sense of acheivement when I master a new fold, which is always a bonus! :)

I use prefolds as my bulk nappy and have a few fitted and aio's too. I found all my prefolds off freecycle - for freee...worth a loook

i saw this thread earlier and thought jetters ??? wha ????!!

:rofl:

*pokes sugarpuff*

:friends:
:headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

...and I haven't bought a single terry nappy :rofl:

:rofl:
I thought huh I know for a fact jetters gets all the pre-loveds before anyone else ;)

Not anymore! I've been LONG overtaken by the new crowd in here :rofl:

i saw this and thought 'wha? cheap terries yeah right...... :haha:
i bet yours is still the most impressive stash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->