Tessa & Rileys birth story

Nervousmomtob

Mommy to Riley <3
Reaction score
So at 8:30pm on June 1st Me and Joey went to hospital to be induced we ended up having to wait until 10 to get put into a back room because so many women had went into labor. Once they got us in the back room they checked my vitals and put monitors on my belly for babys heartbeat and contractions. Turns out I was having contractions just I couldn't really feel them much.

I finally got switched to a delivery room and was given sadol for my back pain and a pill to soften my cervix. Nurses came and went giving pain medicine and checking me as needed and finally my contractions were really uncomfortable and I was 3cm. The doctor and a nurse came in and broke my water. I had A LOT of water. Infact I think a lot is a understandment :haha: Once my water broke my contractions got really strong and were one right after the other. Joey had to try to keep me calm the best he could. Finally the guy came in who was giving me my epidural. I hated getting it with the strong contractions I was having because I was scared I'd move. A nurse and Joey held me to help keep me still. After I got that done with I was happy as a clam.
But then the doctor came in and checked me and I really hadn't made any progress. After that happened again and again he finally decided if I wasn't progressing anymore by 3:30pm I'd have to have a c section. Well that time came around and I hadn't progressed at all. So when they gave me that news I cried and cried. I was insanely scared. They renumbed me when it was almost time. (had to wait for the room to open up) ans then took me back to be prepped. I shook through the whole surgery and eventually almost threw up. The pressure was awful. But hearing her cry for the first time was amazing. Joey watched the procedure and said it was pretty nasty. Lol and she was crying when just her head was out.

Now I'm still in hospital but I should get to go home tomorrow. I had a fever of 102f after surgery but it's finally back to normal. Today I got to take a shower but I had to have a nurse wash from waist down. I can walk just very slowly. It still hurts but she is totally worth it. I love her so much!

Congratulations! Your birth story sounds very similar to mine. It's definitely worth it though - enjoy being a mum :hugs:

How happy are clams, exactly?
Also, awesome, congrats! I'm glad you're feeling better; fevers can really suck...and now you get to snuggle your baby!

Congrats, hun. :flower:

How are you enjoying mommyhood so far?:baby:

congratulations! i hope your out of hospital by now, or at least getting alot better! enjoy! x

congratulations! i hope your out of hospital by now, or at least getting alot better! enjoy! x

Thanks =]
I'm home now. But I almost wish I was still in hospital. Joey didn't get any leave from work so I'm alone with her during day and it's really hard for me to get around

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->