Tested CD 15, don't know if I have already ovulated?? Help please!

corri

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi guys

Well i know your supposed to start testing earlier but I took my first ever ovulation test yesterday on CD 15 and got a faint second line but what I want to know is......if I have already ovulated will i still have LH in my system and thats why it showed a faint second line or does this mean I havn't ovulated yet and will do soon??

Just don't know if i have tested to late and missed it?

Thank you in advance for any advice :)

Unfortunately it could be either... do you chart or check CM? Also do you know what day you normally O on?

Some women get a stark white test until very close to ovulation, and women like me get pretty dark line (not positive though) throughout their entire cycle. It just depends on how much LH your body maintains. I would keep testing, but also next month, start testing a bit earlier and you'll get a better grasp on what to expect. =) Good Luck!

Hi I'm not sure the exact date i ovulate but pretty sure it is around 14 days after my period as I have a 28 day cycle give or take a day. I don't chart but I do keep track of my CM, I never have EWCM apart from the odd occasion -it's always just watery around the middle of my cycle, I have noticed today that it is becoming slightly more creamy (Sorry if TMI!) but generally I havnt really got anything down there at the moment. I am about to take another test so i shall fill you in!

Update-
ok so just taken a test and there is a second line but fainter than yesterday's, so I would presume that I have already ovulated and the LH is on it's way down?? what do you think?

Given your description of you current CM, I would assume you have already ovulated.

If you are already beyond your watery cm phase...

Generally speaking, you can assume you ovulate on the day of your last watery cm.

HTH

:dust:

I agree with the above. Especially if your cycles are quite regular. When testing with OPKs, timing is also a factor. Ex: It's not recommended to use FMU because LH is synthesized in the morning and it takes time to circulate and be excreted in the urine for an accurate result. For the sake of your sanity and future testing, I'd pick the time that you'd like to stick with for each day (or if you test more than once a day stay in suit) and make that's your set testing time. This will remove much of the uncertainty and you'll likely catch your surge.

Thanks for the advice guys!

But one last quick question - Margerle you say that the last day of my watery CM is the day I likley ovulated, that would be yesterday but I got a negative on OPK??

That's ok. I'm sorry, I know the question wasn't intended for me but...you'll test positive before ovulation when LH builds up (which causes the follicle to release the egg) Usually by the time you ovulate, the OPK will be negative.

oooh right ok (I'll get there eventually lol) well I am now classing myself as 1DPO :) Thanks again and baby dust to everyone!

That's ok. I'm sorry, I know the question wasn't intended for me but...you'll test positive before ovulation when LH builds up (which causes the follicle to release the egg) Usually by the time you ovulate, the OPK will be negative.

Exactly :)

Thanks for providing great advice!

:hugs:

I'm so confused! I should be 4DPO now and Ive just taken another OPK and its pretty much postive (maybe very very slightly lighter than the control line) deffinatly a lot darker than the tests I took two days ago?? Does this mean that I didnt ovulate when I thought I did and that I am now? Also my CM is suggesting that I'm past ovulation. I also have got abdominal cramps today like AF is going to show but at the same time feels like trapped wind!?

Hmm. I didn't see in the previous posts whether you chart or not? Also, did you take the OPK at a different time than the previous OPKs?

I only ask because for example, if you were taking the previous tests with FMU, they would be lighter but if you took the last opk within the recommended time frame, it may be the most accurate and assuming you've already ovulated, it would be negative. ??

Erm I took them at all different times but the other ones I took later in the day than this one. Also I'm a bit of a freak and was bored so I took a HPT afterwards and that has come up with a faint pink line......4 DPO is that even possible!!

That's quite early considering the time frame from fertilization to implantation but I've also learned that ANYTHING is possible on here! =) Maybe you O'd earlier than you thought? LOL Can you post a pic? I'm all dorky excited now!

Omg I'm soooo confused LOL. I dont have any way of posting pics. Not going to get my hopes up though cuz this just seems impossible. Also if I had ovulated earlier it would only of been by 3-4 days max so that still makes a BFP unlikely....anywhoo I shall take another OPK and HPT tomorrow and let you know the outcome! :)

Alright, FX'd for you and I can't wait to hear the update!

Hello my lovely's, so I've done a HPT with FMU and.......i think there is another second pink line but it's fainter than yesterdays and that one wasn't done with FMU so it's not enough for me too class it as a BFP :( it could almost be me imagining it but i'm sure I can see it i've compared it to a negative one I still have. Will do an OPK later, the same time as I did yesterday's one. I'll update you!!

Actually, i've just looked at it again and it is negative :( was just wishful thinking i think. But the one from yesterday deffinatly has a very faint line there.......that doesn't make sense if yesterday's really was a BFP then wouldn't it have been darker today? i always tell myself every month not to test early but i always cave lol

Hey, good to hear the update! Don't worry about that, we all try to be strict with ourselves but it's so difficult in this situation =) As for your negative HPT, I hope it wasn't just a fluke. I could give you a couple reasons why your test would be faint positive yesterday and negative today. 1) The negative was a dud, 2) The positive was a dud 3) some women get darker results with SMU or later 4) Sometimes during early conception, there is a bit of Hcg released before the big dose and that may may be caught on an HCG (depending on the levels in your body)...Thats all I have for now lol I hope this helped some, although I'm sure I've just left you with more questions than answers =( I'm here for you through this though, count on that :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->