Testing after BFPs

mummof1

Reaction score
Hello ladies ! Congrats to everyone in first tri :)
I'm sure I'm not the only one who tests after a BFP lol. I had two great BFPs on FRER tests , a digital that read "pregnant 1-2" and today I took the other regular clear blue that came with the digital and the line is so light ! Is it because clear blue has a different sensitivity level?
I think I may just get another test to take in a week just to see that bold + sign !
Anyone else obsessed with testing early on ?
I'm just so far away from my doctors appointment, BFPs are a reassurance for me that yes I am pregnant lol!
Here's my clear blue test

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 16
I tested constantly into preggie-ness with both pregnancies lol lol...just to see...ur def not alone..and yeah tests have different sensitivities and some even say they have different levels of dye in same type tests from batch to batch so I would just stick with same test and not look too much into it unless it goes like totally faint...that one looks good!

I took two tests, the first was like your picture there and was super light. I knew it was positive but DH was not convinced. So the next morning i took a digital that said pregnant 1-2. I haven't taken any since but next week I'm gonna get another digital, just to make sure my levels are increasing. I hope to see 3+!

I tested 3 times this time. My first pregnancy, I tested once, and that was it.

This time I tested, got a light BFP with fmu. When I told my hubby and mother. They both were skeptical, so we ran out and got another test. And tested again, about 5 hours after my first test. Got another BFP, this time a darker result, and showed within like, 10 seconds. Hubby and mother were still skeptical. I announced it nonetheless to close family and friends via FB. And I tested again the next morning, another nice BFP within seconds.. Hubby was convinced after that, my mother waited until I got it confirmed at my first prenatal visit before she believed it.

Even now I tempted to buy more test to test. Which is pointless, so I resist it. Already got 4 BFP, including the test at the Doctor visit, I don't need to prove it anymore.

Thank you for responding ladies !
I'm glad I'm not the only one, hubby thinks it's silly to keep testing lol
I will probably stop after next week , I just want to get one more clear blue test with a digital.. It's also nice to have them as keepsakes at least the regular ones ! The digitals go blank after a while which is sad hahah!

I'm an obsessive tester too :haha: I only tested once with my DD two days before AF was due and had a big, bold positive so I was assured that I didn't need to test anymore. Though this may be gross, I kept the test and the line is still there though it has faded a bit. With my son, I only tested twice: once at 9/10 dpo and again later because I wanted to make sure that faint line was getting more positive with every day that passed since it was so very, very faint. After losing two babies and finding out I'm expecting again, I pee on anything and everything that will give me a line just to reassure myself! :rofl:

I've taken a fair few, I bought some tesco (supermarket brand) tests and got the lightest line, was then paranoid something was going wrong, bought some first response tests (got my bfp originally on it) and I got the darkest line. The tesco one was obviously rubbish.

You aren't alone in testin. I'm done with testing now.

Well, I was a definite poas addict... And have been with all pregnancies. A tried very hard for the first three (pregnancy two was a miscarriage) so I had fun watching lines get darker, and I guess I thought it was pretty cool that my pee was turning tests positive. This pregnancy was a surprise but I still went pee crazy... Might as well because THIS MY LAST BABY!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/kmr1763/image_7.jpg

And I took two or three more after this, too!

I know it's reassuring to keep testing (I myself took 8 tests in the two days after my BFP) but I would advise to stop testing soon. You can get the dreaded Hook Effect - the HCG levels in your urine can rise so high that the test can't really handle it and your lines will get lighter instead of darker. This can cause a ton of unnecessary worry!

There's certainly nothing wrong with testing a few times after you get your BFP but I would stop within about a week. I know that seeing lines getting lighter would freak me out and worry me a ton.

I didn't know that !! That's very interesting !

Lovely BFP progression kmr1763 ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"