testing progesterone with long cycle?

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
I know I am jumping the gun here but on such a downer I may as well ask

I am now cd 50 and also thinking that because I have PCOS I may also have low progesterone. I believe they are to test your bloods around the time you ovulate, but what happens if either you don't know when ov is due or if you anovulate?? :hissy:

Hiya

They test your progesterone around CD21 to check if you have O'd but with pcos and you now being on CD50 you prob haven't O'd yet. Progesterone levels before O are very low - mine is usually about 1.4. After O they shoot right up to over 40.

If you had a blood test now and it showed you haven't O'd and have low progesterone levels then you may be given some medication to bring on a AF and then maybe clomid to make you O between CD12-17.

I am just on my first cycle of clomid as i have pcos too and don't ovulate regulary. I maybe O once every 2 months - which makes it hard to pinpoint Bding! lol

xx

ooooo more amunition for my dr to listen to next week. I know I'll feel better once my bloods are done. I am going to ask for clomid as well as I've been pondering this one for a while xx

also can I ask how long did you wait before seeing dr and what did they say?x

When i was trying for my first 8 years ago i waited about 6 months and then told them i'd been trying for a year :blush:

I just knew my body wasn't right so figured i might as well get referred to a FS as it can take a few months in my area to get a hosp appt.

However with my second child i didn't have to wait as i already knew what was wrong.

This time around i came off the pill in Dec and went to see my GP in jan and told him that i had pcos (he was a new GP as we'd recently moved areas) and i then got a hosp appt through for mar. Had blood work done in mar and then went back for results in early april and started clomid on CD2 last week (i'm CD9 today).

You have to be very forceful with what you want. I don't ask the docs any more - i just tell them what i want and refuse to take no for an answer.

I hope you get what you want and maybe clomid is the way to go - personally without it i wouldn't have my boys!

Good luck - you can always PM want to talk xxx

thanks hun, I'm def building up what I am going to demand and will not leave until they have listened to me properly and offered me some way of checking my problems. I know I am on the pessimist side but the charts prove there's a problem so something has to be done!

I'm loving all the ladies on here.....thanks for your help. xx

Definately!!!!! Wishing you loads of luck
xxxx

one more q - should I get my dh to come with me to the dr.s? xx

Its nice to have some moral support and i think it shows that you are doing this together and have his full support. Also it may be worth asking if they can test his sperm to make sure he is ok too (unless he already has children). Plus if you get emotional he can take over and if needed he can really back you if the doc isn't to keen on referring you.
xxx

thanks, will see if he can make it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back