"That!!!! That!!!! THAT!!?"

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
Anyone getting this at the moment?! He will point at everything and say "what's that!?" or simply "thhaaaat!"

We usually try to reply with the word of the thing he's pointing at... We talk to him a lot and he doesn't say that many words (he understands a LOT more than he says though)

is he just being inquisitive or just plain lazy? Lol

Yes! We get this ALL the time. Except it sounds more like 'Da'. Abigail says it when she points at eveything! She sometimes says 'Oo Da' which kind of sounds like 'whose that' or 'what's that' but I can't be sure lol! I always tell her what things are but she hasn't actually attempted to name any of these objects. I know she knows what things are, as if I ask her to pick out one of her toys (e.g. she has a bath frog called Ribbit) then she will pick out the right one, but if I say over and over to her 'that's Ribbit' we still just get 'Da'! lol.

He is not lazy he is just learning.
Bryce does the same thing, he is 16 months old and everything is EHHHH THAT, DAT, EAT, EEEEE...and hes loud when he says those things.
His new thing is taking me by my hand and bringing me to where he wants and then yelling those lol :haha:

Aww, this is sooo cute, Omar either points at the thing he wants while saying it's name or just says it's name without pointing, or whines while pointing if he doesnt know how to say it's name :haha:

Yes, yes and yes!!!! I'm so glad I'm not alone. Elliott has been saying "what's that" (which is very cute. Also "who's that" is a new one) for a long time but in the last month shouts "THAT" and points at what he wants.

When he does this I pick up the object (if possible and if he's allowed it) and say "please" in a nice, non-shouting tone before offering it to him.

He's been listening to this new word and concentrating on me quite intently when I say it the last few days. So, I'm hoping he copies/picks up on it soon!

His new thing is taking me by my hand and bringing me to where he wants and then yelling:

Elliott does this too! It's so cute! He's actually quite strong for such a little boy too :haha:

Yes!!!! I thought I was the only one!! He doesn't really say much talking wise he had a few words but they've all been abandoned for "whatsat??" and pointing ALL THE TIME!! :rofl: Im thinking maybe it's a good thing to say it because they might be listening and learning when you say what it is etc!

Our favourite one is the light in his bedroom every morning without fail "whatsat" and points to the light :haha:

Evie's been saying "ot dat" alot lately too! She'll usually answer her own question tho with the name of what it is (if she can say it) or just say "Oooooo!" in Upsy Daisy style :haha:

Hannah went through that stage, and if we got it wrong we got screamed at :shock: :rofl:

Hannah went through that stage, and if we got it wrong we got screamed at :shock: :rofl:

Even if we get it right we get screamed at. Case in point: animal book - come to the picture of an elephant. "Horse" she says. "No, that's an elephant." "No! Horse!" "Elephant." "HOOOORRRRRSSSSEEEE!!!!!" "righty oh.." :dohh:

Even if we get it right we get screamed at. Case in point: animal book - come to the picture of an elephant. "Horse" she says. "No, that's an elephant." "No! Horse!" "Elephant." "HOOOORRRRRSSSSEEEE!!!!!" "righty oh.." :dohh:

:rofl: Oh my! :rofl: :rofl:

We have 'diiiiiiiiiiis' (this) which gets louder and louder and louder until the request is fulfilled!! :D

Ruby's now onto 'Ruby want, Ruby want, RUBY WAAAAANT!' Or if it's food she's seen it's 'Ruby some!' over and over!

my son is a lazy we so and so with his words lol he just points, doesnt say anything and i try and repeat the word a few times that he is pointing through but he just ahhhh and ooooooos lol he cant really say anything he says DA which i presumme is for his dad, he doesnt say anything in relation to mummy he can say bit (as i a bit of your food) and can say ta so there is 3 words he can say lol. he is developing every other way ok so im not worried just now he is 15 months now and i am aware other people kids are saying things and mine isnt lol maybe i should enjoy the baby jargen a bit longer by the sounds of it lol

Everyday for the last 8 months there have been "wha dats?" Everything gets pointed at. And once you have answered anough time she names the item she is pointing at......I am not sure which drives you more crazy......having to answer the questions over and over and over and over of that once she gets the jist of the work you will now hear its 4 times as often as "what dat?" .......... Oh the joys

Hehehe! All your replies have cracked me up! :rofl: this age is sooooo much fun!

We also get the pointing at the bedroom light.. And more recently the door! Haha!

Noah says "look look" and points at wat eva, he will say it till I tell him wat it is and sometimes its like he dont believe me cos he'll keep pointing and shouting look even if I tell him wat its called 10 times lol xx

Amelie has been doing this a lot recently but she genuinely wants to know and retains the info once we tell her :)

Ruby's now onto 'Ruby want, Ruby want, RUBY WAAAAANT!' Or if it's food she's seen it's 'Ruby some!' over and over!

Oh amelies is 'MINE CAR' 'MINE JUICE' 'ME COT' 'ME YO-GART' :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->