that was a surprise!

isil

Reaction score
Please don't shout at me for this...but...

I gave Alasdair some baby rice! I know he has only turned 3 months but he is such a big boy and I didn't think it'd hurt to try. I was thoroughly expecting to find that it didn't work for him and decide to leave it for another month or so. However, my little man seemed to really enjoy it! Nowhere near as messy as I expected as he gobbled it up off the spoon perfectly! He had the rice and then his formula and has only been sick a tiny bit where as usually he is throwing up half his feed or more!

Not sure whether to continue to do it...I didn't expect it to work out so well!

Nice I did the same with max at that age and he ate it all and did quite well :)

oh good - I thought unless there was a medical reason it was a complete no-no!

If it helps his feeding and it hasn't upset him then I do see any harm in it. All babies are different!

hurray! He seems very happy with his full tummy. I'm going to be led by him...if he doesn't want any tomorrow that's fine and we'll leave it for a bit but if he does, he does!

Just do whatever he and you feel happy with....he will lead you and every baby is different. Tabs started at 13 and a half weeks and is now on 3 meals a day and she seems really good on it but again babies are all diff so just be led by them xxxx

Was thinking about starting Abby on it wasn`t sure though think i might give it ago tomorrow night she seems to be really hungry

Jack started at approx 12 weeks with rice too as he is a big boy - I would stick with it - especially if it is keeping his milk down better - he will soon let you know if he doesn't want it or isn't ready:)

i wondered if my little man was ready but I get a little concerned by all the reports I read about not starting before 4 months - that it can lead to issues later on such as obeisity..personally I'm going to wait a while.

If hes ready itll be fine, you know him best

xxx

so glad it went well honey, i agree if he took it so well, then he may well be ready for it, your his mummy and you'll no when its right, sounds really positive :happydance: i can't wait for maddi to be ready for food :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->